August

August

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

California Dreamin' with my Youngest

Long about April, I had a thought. I knew my youngest girl's main squeeze would be leaving shortly for a job in China. Gone for 8 months. Knew that she needed something to keep her mind off the fact. It was also about time for a girl escape for me. Last year had been rough and I wanted to kick my heels up. Or in this case, put some Mickey Ears on. We left for a fun filled week in California on July 21st. It had 4 different aspects to it, so I will have to tell it in sections. Way too many pics to post in one fell swoop! This first post will be all things Disney. We both are Disney Geeks and proud to say it. I love Cinderella, she loves the Little Mermaid. The first ride has got to be Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, and the Teacups have to be ridden in the dark. At some point I need to have a Dole Whip, and lunch must be eaten at the Blue Bayou, where you can pretend it is not 100 degrees outside, but a lovely summer evening with twinkly fireflys. You can get your hair done at Studio 365 and sparkle with glitter all day long and then watch Tinkerbell fly through the air and you just know she is real. The place is magic and I will never tire of it. Nor will I tire of watching my daughter enjoy it just as much as I do. Kindred spirits. :) Always, Kit

(clockwise: At the airport eager to get going, on the plane we are wearing our ears and sipping our cocktails, Em surprised me with a Best Friends bracelet for the both of us. Mine came in a Cinderella jewelry box, outside Sleeping Beauty's castle, eating at the Rainforest Cafe, our lovely hotel room.)



(Em enjoying one of many beignets we bought, Em with her hairdo and stylist, Studio 365, my do and my stylist, we got some amazing looks that day which made it fun, Little Mermaid ride, our go to ride when it got too hot outside, the Jungle Cruise.)

(Cars Land Racers, California Screamin', I just love this roller coaster, riding the King Triton Carrousel, Em loving the "cow" tractor, my princess for the day waiting outside the show Aladdin, the Lagoon.)

(teacups in the dark, the Rainforest Cafe, Fantasmic show, my all time favorite, World of Color, water and light show, the castle at night, Blue Bayou for lunch)

(California Screamin', and I sure did. Main Street USA, a Mouse in a Gas House, Tiana meet and greet in New Orleans Square, Em's fav ride, the Grizzly Water Rafts, a happy selfie)

(Such lovely gardens everywhere, rockin' the crown, Cars Land, the Haunted Mansion, Oswalds!, my new hoodie! Yep, I bought this to wear come winter....LOL)

(Feeling happy, a parade, Pirates!, Mickey shaped beignets, the back of the castle as we wait to ride Peter Pan, you gotta love the Dumbo ride.)


6 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Aw! HOW FUN! You are a happy and spirited mama, Kit!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a fantastic, fun time you two had. Thanks for sharing.

FlowerLady

Diane said...

Looks like a wonderful time. Diane

Cottage Tails said...

aww that looks just such a fun trip away. LOVED seeing Disney Land at night very magical.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

It looks like ya'll had a grand ol' time. I've been to Disney World a few times ... we were there when Space Mountain first opened -- I was 10 ... and have been with my oldest son when he was a toddler. My youngest wants to know why he never got to go. :) Have a great rest of the week. Tammy

Jen Kershner said...

Kit, that is so dear! I'm a Disney geek too though I haven't been that many times I cannot wait to go back again! My hubby and I say we are going to go just the two of us when our nest is empty. The magic! Loved your pictures. You are such a sweet Momma!