June

June

Friday, June 13, 2014

First Day of Summer Vacation!

Well, of course I slept in...LOL That had to be the first thing. Checked my list and according to the weather (which feels very Oregon Coastish today) I decided on the next course of action. It is a great day for planting. I had made another stop at my fav garden center this week for more geraniums and marigolds and wanted to get these babies in their pots. Put the tunes on (I just love my outdoor speakers) and had myself a wonderful time. Moved some pots, did some watering and just stood out there and smiled like a crazy woman! I am one lucky lady. :)





Hubby whipped me up a couple of new birdhouses and I slapped some paint on them and ta da, new yard art. That inspires me to make a new glass birdbath. I am addicted to these. They are such fun to make and they look great in the yard. All the cats in the neighborhood use them for drinking water all summer long. And I don't mind one bit. Click here to see!




Now having a break with some hot coffee and strawberries and the sun is peaking out. :) Later I will meet up with my youngest for lunch and she can tell me all about her recent trip to Seattle. Later gators! Always, Kit

3 comments:

Pom Pom said...

I am definitely going to make a bird bath now! Cool! Enjoy your summer, every minute! Yay for a day or two of coastal weather, right?

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Happy Summer to you dear Kit. Your place is always happy and filled with fun and color. That was one lovely birdbath you made.

Have a great weekend ~ FlowerLady

The Boston Lady said...

Happy Summer Kit! Love all the bright colors. You are off to a great start. Ann TBL