May

May
(internet)

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Enchanted April!

Been awhile I know, but I am here! Had to take care of some things in life, get thru Winter's last hiccup and now on to Spring. Yay! It has been nice out, in the 50's and 60's, tho today I am looking at some nasty rain clouds. That is okay, we can always use April Showers. I have just started working in the yard, and am happy to see that most of my plants have made it thru the cold and ice. So exciting to see green buds everywhere. :)  And I have decided that winter is over, cause I unwrapped the patio furniture.


Both my girls were jet setting all over the country. In one week, my youngest was in New York state for work and the other was traveling from Denver, to California, back to Denver and then on to New Mexico! I was sending lots of texts. So nice to keep informed and involved via a nifty invention called a cell phone. Who do I have to thank for this item?? Seriously, what in the world did we do before them?!!

Jilly at Nationals in Copper Mtn and Em in Fishkill, NY
Sped thru Spring Break in an instant. Didn't do much but relax and work around the house. I decided that the bath was due for new lighting and towel bars and switch covers. All in lovely shiny chrome! Looks good. We also decided that waiting for the couch to crawl outside to die under a bush, was not a feasible plan, so we went shopping. Found one that fit the hubby's bum, and will hit a sale tomorrow to make it ours. Nice to check that off.


Now getting ready for Easter. I love it when it is at the end of the month, more Springy! There is something very depressing about searching for eggs in a snow drift. :( So this week, I need to see if I have enough for the baskets, figure the menu and send out my cards. So off I go, time is a wasting.
Always, Kit


8 comments:

Julie Marie said...

So good to see a post from you dear Kit!... Happy April and Happy Spring to you!... glad it has finally arrived in Montana at last for you... it was an extra long winter here too... have fun getting ready for Easter... you are right... an egg hunt in snow is no fun!... xoxo Julie Marie

Pom Pom said...

That's fun, getting a new sofa! Yay!
I am glad it's getting closer to Easter. It's supposed to be cold enough to snow here tomorrow, but now we know it won't last!

Diane said...

Beautiful and springy post, Kit. I'm glad that you're enjoying spring there, too. Couches don't DO THAT? Darn. Just joking. My little couch is going to have to live for a long time. Have a beautiful Easter week. Diane

Blondie's Journal said...

Happy Spring, Kit! Nothing beats seeing those forst buds. And once those bulbs start to poke out of the ground, it happens quickly!

You can thank the late Steve Jobs for the wonders of your phone. He was a brilliant man.

Your girls look so happy, and they make you proud, I know. I would be bereft if mine moved away.

Sprucing up the house, eh? I need to do a little bit myself, just some nagging things I should have done over the winter and am now pressed to do knowing summer will keep me outdoors.

Wishing you a Happy Easter, Kit!!

XO,
Jane

Liz D said...

So happy to see a post from you, Kit! I love a late Easter, so much more springlike. I got out the deck furniture too. Then we sat outside in out down parkas and shivered,lol. But it was sunny and the daffs are blooming...so.

Happy Easter!

lizzy

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

You have such a cute Icon, I had to come over and tell you so. :-)

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I'm on Spring Break now and loving it. I do love staying home. Except for walking, haven't gone anywhere since Thursday. :) Whats app is the only way me and my college boy keep in touch. No one emails anymore. And even talking on the phone seems to be a thing of the past. Just glad we have a way to keep in touch on a daily basis -- and it's free. Have a great week. Tammy

Susan said...

Oh, Kit. So nice to see that you visited and commented on my blog. Great to hear from you. Enjoyed your post, too. Susan