March 22, 1978

March 22, 1978
(internet)

Sunday, March 9, 2014

One of the reasons I live in Missoula

We had something happen in town, that has never happened before on that very snowy Friday, an avalanche. Shocking and sad, and incomprehensible. But what happened after, was incredible and why I love living in this little town. Following is a video from one of our most loved reporters here in town. It explains it all. :) Always, Kit  (PS: I should share that of the three people buried in the avalanche, the little boy is just fine, but with the older couple, the man is in the hospital still recouping with many injuries, but sadly his wife died the Sunday after)






8 comments:

Cottage Tails said...

Oh wow that is a heart warming story. How are the family that were taken via ambulance?

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Dear Kit ~ Since I don't watch TV or read a newspaper, I didn't hear about this avalanche until your post.

I am so sorry for this happening in your town, but what a town of giving hearts and hands you have.

FlowerLady

Pom Pom said...

Amazing! Bill used to travel there to meet with the Young Life staff. He always said, "That would be an awesome place to live!" How dear. You have a good home town, Kit. You fit right in with your dear heart.

Blondie's Journal said...

Kit...this just warms my heart. There IS goodness out there and I wish things like this made the news more often. Thank you for sharing.

XO,
Jane

Chris said...

Hi there, what a touching story. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

oldgreymareprimitives said...

I'm all teary sitting here with morning coffee. It's why i long to return to a small town instead of lala land..

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Oh wow, Kit. That is very sad, but so amazing to see everyone come together for a common cause. Not every community is like that. Warm hugs and blessings, Tammy

Diane said...

That speaks very well for your town, Kit. I think you can be very proud. It WAS so cold during that time, too, I know. Diane