March 22, 1978

March 22, 1978
(internet)

Saturday, March 22, 2014

36 years, but who's counting?

Yep, another year has clicked by, and today I am thinking about my wedding. It was so like the two of us. So simple, so much fun and it featured all our favorite friends and family. They all helped pull it together and what came out was a celebration that to this day, folks talk about. Things that stand out to me are:
  • The candles lining the aisle in the dark church
  • Vases full of Pussywillows
  • That my curled hair was finally relaxing
  • The sound of my friends singing before I came down the aisle
  • How nervous I was, as I approached my husband to be
  • The sight of the Northside guys all in suits
  • Hearing, "Wow, that was a short ceremony, I like that!" (lots of Catholic weddings)
  • The little figure of Ernie (from Sesame Street) on the back of my cake
  • Using the special wine glasses Steve had given to me as a gift
  • My husband tearing up on the receiving line
  • Taking over the popular local bar to cheers and greetings
  • Dancing with my new husband :)
  • A fist fight between one of our good friends and a bar patron....LOL 
  • Leaving together and thinking, we are just getting started.
Always, Kit

 
A friend helping with my flowers
Steve and our best friends brother. I think he is giving him some advice on girls.

7 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Dearest Kit ~ Congratulations on your 36th wedding anniversary. You were a beautiful bride. Isn't it amazing how young we once were. :-)

May you two have many more love and joy filled years together.

Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

Diane said...

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary. What a beautiful bride you were. Enjoy your very special day. Hugs, Diane

oldgreymareprimitives said...

Happy Anniversary!
Such a a beautiful bride <3

Pom Pom said...

You were sparkly and adorable then and NOW! Congratulations, good Kit!

Liz D said...

What a beautiful memory! And you were such a lovely bride. Congratulations on 36 years of happiness together, and may you share many many more.

love

lizzy

Jen Kershner said...

That is beautiful Kit! I think that is exactly what a wedding should be. Well, maybe minus the fist fight? But at least it wasn't between relatives!

Susan said...

What a charming post today, Kit. So filled with lovely memories of your special day. Congratulations on your anniversary. May be celebrate many , many more with your forever love. Susan