June

June

Saturday, February 1, 2014

The Month of Love

Has arrived and brought with it a snow storm and very cold temps. Loving it! I was starting to wonder where our Polar Vortex was??!!...LOL  Days like these I am content to burrow in and hibernate. Which is just what I did today. Took a long hot soak in the hot tub (for the back) and to kill some cold germs. (I swear it works! Cooks the germs right out of the body) Lots of hot tea and coffee and got a few projects done.




 My weeks have been a bit crazy with appointments and work, so little things just were not getting done and that drives me crazy. Also started a new project, a perpetual calendar. I am using a basic dry erase board calendar that is magnetic and adding my own embellishments for special days. I have tons of old calendars from Susan Branch, Mary Englebriet and Marjolein Bastin. And I am cutting them up and using their patterns and prints to make mine look pretty. :) I am really liking the look of it. 

Well, tomorrow I will be excitedly busy with the Super Bowl and of course I hope my team wins (Broncos!) but I will enjoy the game no matter what. I intend to decorate my table with my very own Bronco Gnome, Bronco Football Helmet, Bronco Ball and on my front porch my Bronco Flag. We will enjoy some chili and chips and fixins', and a plate of brownies. But I am afraid you will not see a Skittle anywhere in the house. :) May the best team win (mine!), and may everyone have a good time. Always, Kit



4 comments:

Liz D said...

Good luck for your team, Kit! I just saw our local news here, crazy celebrations and events, parties in NYC for the big day.
Show us your calendar, I can t picture it!

lizzy

Blondie's Journal said...

I love hot tubs...so many of our friends at the lake have them I think the cleaning agents sort of zap the germs and the steam is so good for your nose and lungs.

Please share your calendar when you are finished. I could use something like this. I just got around to ordering one from Susan Branch after not seeing nary a one in drug stores, Target, etc. If you don't grab one in November or December...forget it. I wasn't crazy about paying $14.00 for hers, and shippin, but I couldn't find one anywhere!!

Definitely not a football fan...except when the Bears played and won the Superbowl in 1986! Ha! Have fun, Kit! :)

XO,
Jane

Pom Pom said...

Yes, our team WILL win! Go Broncos!
I would love to see your calendar, Kit!

Julie Marie said...

Hi Kit... oooh, your calendar sounds adorable!... I can't wait to see it... I have thought about a perpetual calendar, but the ones I have seen are just wooden blocks, nowhere to write things... yours sounds just perfect!... xoxo Julie Marie