August

August

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Olympics!

They're here! And I am ready. To watch all I can, to put life on hold a bit, and to support all the athletes and not only our Americans. Because you just can't help but cheer for the Jamaicans, the tiny little ice skater from Russia, or those older, seasoned Olympians who are returning for their 6th Olympics. Wow! I embrace them all in group hug from the get go. :) I watched the Opening Ceremony and I loved it. Of course, there were a few glitches, but who cares. We are all people after all and we do make boo boos. But you couldn't come away from that event not being awed and proud and amazed at what they were able to do. Didn't you just love that colorful village scene? And all the beautiful ballet and music. And when the USA came up the ramp, I got a lump in my throat and despite the bad press, I think they all looked great in their homemade sweaters. Very Americana! So, for the next 18 days, you know where I will be. Glued to the TV and enjoying every minute of it, win or lose. Always, Kit


5 comments:

Liz D said...

I *love* the RL handknit sweaters---even if they are not at all the usual high tech wonter wear we see nowadays in sports like these.

oldgreymare said...

I am such a a wimp when it comes to watching this stuff. I get so nervous I cannot watch and worry when someone will fall! It breaks my heart.

Pom Pom said...

You are the best cheerleader of all time, Kit! I love your enthusiasm!

Lynette Killam said...

Oh, I'm with you, Kit! So proud of all the athletes in all countries, and I think the U.S. sweaters are the best in the games..so unique and bursting with patriotism.

I blogged about the Olympics, too. It doesn't seem four years since we had them here in Vancouver...;)

The Boston Lady said...

I share your enthusiasm and your philosophy, Kit! That is what it should all be about! I've thoroughly enjoyed all the coverage I've seen (except for poor Bob Costas' eyes) and am in love with the little skater.... Not all sweethearts have to be American. Although I cheer the most for our athletes! Ann