August

August

Friday, February 28, 2014

It's a Blizzard Auntie Em!

And a snow day! We found out last night that there would be no school, so I was able to sleep in and plan my impromptu day off. Nothing really major, I baked some Cranberry/Orange muffins, did some reading, and enjoyed the sound of the bells on my back porch. Just swinging with the wind. It is still snowing and very cold, but I am snug with my cats (the neighbor cat showed up in my window), a hot fire and coffee. I am house bound but I don't mind at all. There is no other place I would rather be. :) Always, Kit



7 comments:

Diane said...

All we need is some wind:)!!!! Lots of snow here, too. Glad you're enjoying your snow day and the kitties are all staying warm. Diane

Liz D said...

It sounds so cozy and nice! But I am not so pleased that your blizzard is heading my way,lol. Too much cold and snow for us here at the beach, brrrr.

You and your kitties stay warm!

love

lizzy

Julie Marie said...

Hello Kit... enjoy your snow day, I know you love it... it sounds cozy by your fire with your coffee... xoxo Julie Marie

Pom Pom said...

Snow days are good days! I'm glad you are attracting neighbor's cats! That's funny! I need a kitty so badly.
I will email you about the calendar.

Cottage Tails said...

brrr looks soo cold but soo pretty. Have to agree with you there is NO place like home.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Yes, much better to be at home rather than out and about in all of that. Sounds like a delightful way to spend the day. Sending warm wishes your way, Tammy

Laurie said...

I am glad you had a snow day, Kit, and a day off to relax and enjoy the warmth of home. There have not been any snow days here, although the weather certainly has warranted it at times. But my granddaughter had a PIR day off today, so her daddy stayed home with her and little Ben, so I have today off anyway. It has been a nice, quiet day, much like yours was. Stay warm and think spring!