June

June

Sunday, December 8, 2013

I'm Ready!

Well, you probably know what I have been up to since my last post. I have been decorating! It involves many boxes full of treasures, lots of Christmas music and energy via Christmas cookies and Mulled Cider. A lot of folks look on it as work, but I consider it part of my "holiday experience" as I unwrap and visit with each item. My oldest items are two plastic poinsettia flowers, as a child they were always in a pewter vase when I was growing up. Now they come out each year and are tucked into one of my plants. From the early days of my marriage we purchased two very fancy garlands, on clearance of course, and they are one of the first things up and the last to come down each year. My vintage Christmas beverage glasses that I found at an estate sale for a song are a dream! We will use them tonight when we decorate the tree. Lots of odds and ends, but they all tell a story. :) And they add up to a happy holiday for me and my family. It is my pleasure to bring them out each year for a month, to let them shine and shimmer. And it is worth the time spent and the aching back for sure.
 Always, Kit






7 comments:

Susan said...

Oh Kit, everything looks absolutely great.

Isn't it such a wonderful time of year? So filled with promise, with hope, with fun, joy and love!

Thanks so much for stopping by. Susan

Julie Marie said...

Hi Kit... I just love how you decorate for the holidays... and each piece is filled with precious memories for you... that's what Christmas is all about... your vintage glasses are beautiful!... happy decorating to you!... xoxo Julie Marie

Diane said...

It's looking great. I hope you enjoy the beautiful Christmas season. Diane

Liz D said...

Your post inspired me to start digging out the bins of ''treasures" too. And now my back aches for sure...but such fun to greet these old friends as they emerge from a year of darkness to light up my memories and bring us joy.

Happy holiday season, Kit!

love

lizzy

Jen Kershner said...

I think your attitude is great! Sometimes we look at things that are chores that really are blessings. Good for you!

oldgreymare said...

Wishing you the most blessed Christmas and healthy happy New Year!
<3

Patty Nies said...

Thank you for this post. It is so disheartening to hear people say that decorating for the holidays is such a chore and that they cut back every year because of it. I love getting out my many boxes of decorations and reliving the memories of years past. How can that ever become a chore?
I just found you from a comment on oldgreymare and I look forward to reading your blog.