October

October
(internet)

Friday, December 20, 2013

A Calm and Lovely Moment

I am sitting here sipping mulled cider, having a couple of spritz cookies and yes, it is also softly snowing. Sounds like a Hallmark channel moment doesn't it?...LOL  Plus Mr. Christmas, Andy Williams is serenading me with, The Christmas Song. Now I have a hankering for some chestnuts. :) It has been a very busy week, filled with a gift exchange, spending the day with my youngest (she had her braces finally removed after a mouth ordeal of 5 years), my husbands company Christmas party and today was my last day of work for the season. Lots of events and all fun, but tiring. So I need this quiet moment to just sit and enjoy and think about all the wonderful things that happen during the holiday. I have been having so much fun! And when my hubby said he didn't think he had gotten enough presents for me, I easily answered that I didn't need anymore presents cause I have been getting them all month long. Not meaning the kind wrapped in boxes and paper. The kind that involves events, new memories and time with my children. The best kind. :) Always, Kit

Decorating the Christmas tree



All dressed up for the White Christmas Sing-a-long





8 comments:

  1. Enjoy your calm and lovely moments dear Kit... all of the things you posted about truly are the very best gifts of all... I can just picture your home at Christmas time... all of your decorating and baking... yours reminds me of Susan Branch's beautiful home... wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea, Kit! Take a few days to put your feet up and enjoy the JOY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww the very best gifts in my book are time, events and memories. So glad all your family are home with you.
    Lots of love Leanne
    Whos come in for a cold glass water its so hot here SMILE

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas, Kit. Enjoy your vacation and take more time to do just what you did today. Merry Christmas. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Kit...

    I know what you mean about activities being fun but tiring. It's been great (but I'm almost out straight. ha ha)

    Hope your holiday is great. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. wishing you a joyous Christmas, Kit, and many wonderful memories to treasure always.

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so true that the best gifts are not found under the Christmas tree. :) I never, ever get sick when we have school and now the start of the holiday and I find myself with an achy headache and runny nose and scratch throat. Better to get it over with now as we will be travelling on the 30th. :) We just had roasted chestnuts in the oven the other night. Yummy! Wishing you a happy holiday. Tammy

    ReplyDelete