December

December
(internet)

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Our Halloween

Today I have spent the day packing up and saying Good-bye to my decor. I just love all that orange and purple. But I can look back on a wonderful holiday. We had so much fun! Had a good amount of Trick or Treater's for our street, the weather behaved itself (no snow this year) and we had a visit from our daughters, who still dress up in costume and have to come to Mom and Dad's to show off. They did a great job and later went downtown along with all the other crazies and partied. Hubby and I ate Mummies (hot dogs in dough) watched the movie Hocus Pocus and met all the kids young and old, with lots of candy and costume compliments. Our house has become a destination for many young families and a lot of kids get their pictures snapped on our decor. We run around on Halloween Day and set up all sorts of fun, safe and colorful characters and carved pumpkins. We just love it and one lady told us, "I used to bring my children to your house and now I bring my grandchildren." That is music to our ears. And why we do it every year for the past 23 years. Always, Kit


Ursula and Jesse from Breaking Bad. My loves.

I am linking up to The Little Red House for Mosaic Monday!


11 comments:

  1. Oooh I love it Kit!... I am so happy you are like me and still LOVE Halloween!... I will never, ever be too old for the magic... your home looks so darling!... and how fun you dress up too... love hearing that the same families come trick or treating year after year... you are their favorite house!... when we were little girls, my sister and I had a favorite house we went to as well... those memories will always be tucked safely in my heart... as I know yours will to with so many of the children who visit you... your daughters look adorable too!... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so FUN, Kit! And your house looked wonderul. What a fun day---and way--- to celebrate. Now I want to see what you do for Noevember..turkey, anyone?

    thanks for the smile..

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun Halloween, Kit. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your sense of spirit, Kit! You and hubby do it up wonderful and it makes for great memories for the parents and children! I just love that movie and what a great way to spend the afternoon!!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a very happy Halloween. Love the decorations and costumes. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fun way to celebrate Halloween. We were away, so didn't do anything. I bought one small bag of treats before I knew we would be away, so now we have to eat them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Kit, that's the most wonderful thing, that woman said! That would make me feel so good too! Looks like your whole family got into the spirit of it all! Love it! Ann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, look at you guys, you look great! Halloween is always such a rushed spectacle, isn't it? We had a good amount of children here too and, happily most of the chocolate was handed out...happily for our waistlines...lol. Chloe went out to a "Scaryoke" party dressed as Yolandi Visser...if you don't know I'm not so sure you want to look her up, but I hear she's the rage among the 20+. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How neat! This reminds of a home in my childhood neighborhood that would always have amazing decorations every year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that! Sweet memories being made there. What a gift to go all out for people to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How sweet! You have such a generous heart, Kit! Your house is adorable!

    ReplyDelete