May

May
(internet)

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

It's Here!

My most favorite week of the year. This is the week that is reserved for just me and mine. I gather my hubby and girls about me and we spend the best time together. I am lucky and have off from work from today till next Tuesday. It is a nice break and I am able to enjoy all the different aspects of the holiday. For our family, the holiday lasts for more than just one day. I just love my preps! The baking and cooking and the planning of the table decor. The cleaning and the organizing of dishes and the party favors, here on Wednesday.

 Tomorrow, I will start the day with Orange Rolls and the Macy's Parade. My ladies will come over at 5 and we eat right away because no one can wait to feast. After dinner, with our groaning waist-lines we go through the ads to see if anything catches our eye for our Black Friday shopping.* While eating our pie and sipping festive drinks we play games. Password, Apples to Apples, Uno, Pictionary, etc. And we don't care who wins. It is a great way to end the day. 
* ( Yes, my youngest and I still head out at 5am. That is our tradition and we do not plan to change it, no matter what the stores are doing. We love the cold darkness, the smell of coffee and our Christmas tunes. The racing around town has us in the giggles and we do find some great bargains.) 

The rest of the weekend will find me taking down my Turkey day decor and swapping it out for Christmas. Making up hot turkey sandwiches and watching football. On Sunday, my youngest and I have our annual holiday event which this year will be a White Christmas Sing-a-long! Oh, this should be a blast. I picked up two blue headbands with lots of sequins and tulle, and we are ready to rock the tunes..."Sisters, Sisters..."  Off I go, I hear my pie beeping in the kitchen and I think I want to do a little taste test on the yams. :) Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Always, Kit

Youngest playing with the decor...LOL

2012


7 comments:

Liz D said...

Beautiful! I love all the plans and decorations, and most of all your joyous enthusiasm. Thank you for sharing with us!

Happy Thanksgiving!

lizzy

Julie Marie said...

Oooh the holidays at your home sound like sooo much fun Kit!... wishing you all a beautiful Thanksgiving... enjoy your time with family and relaxing at home... xoxo Julie Marie

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Dear, dear Kit ~ For the many years I've known you, your happy, positive, wonderful holidays preps and happenings have made me feel happy. You are such a dear wife and mother and your family is blessed and you are blessed with a loving husband and your two loving daughters.

Love and hugs to you ~ FlowerLady

Pom Pom said...

Oh, Kit! You are SO fun! I love Sisters, Sisters!
Please root for my WSU Cougs, okay? My mom is staying one extra day so she can watch the Apple Cup! She's a UW Husky fan, though!
Have a grand day!

Blondie's Journal said...

I love how you love life!

Wishing you much joy all the days ahead!

XO,
Jane

The Boston Lady said...

Love it all, such a wonderful tradition-filled week of fun and love. Kit, you won't believe this, but I had a dream about you a couple of weeks ago - can't remember the details, but thought it was so funny that you would pop into my sub-conscious - hehe. Happy Thanksgiving! Ann

Susan said...

Oh Kit....I can feel your happiness, being with your loved ones and all that good food and lovely decor!

Hope it was fabulous! ( I know it was.)

I'll be doing what YOU will be doing...getting some decor down and putting Christmas decor up! Fun fun fun

SO happy to have met you in blogland. Here's to the Christmas season to come! Susan