August

August

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Putting a Lot of Color into Our Days

Yes, I did indeed take my drive through the countryside but alas it was way too cold to go in the Cobra. But we had fun anyway and enjoyed each others company, the coffee and the land. And I even picked up a new table cloth as a souvenir! Here are a few pics of our mosey. I just love abandoned homesteads and we saw a lovely one on our jaunt. You wouldn't believe the weather we went thru, sun, rain and snow, all in the space of hour.




Here I am waving at all of you!

You wanted to see some "color" from our town too, so hubby took a run up to the M on top of Mount Sentinel and snapped some of our town. That is Main Hall on the U of M campus.



And I took the easy route and snapped some color in my yard. This is at it's peak. 

Ginnala Maple



Hubby took these two, aren't they so pretty!?



Well, there you have it. Color in Montana. Quite makes me smile everyday.  :) Always, Kit


11 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Dear Kit ~ Such a happy and colorful post.

Love and hugs and happy autumn to you and your dear husband.

FlowerLady

Julie Marie said...

So beautiful Kit!... I love seeing your surrounding countryside... and I especially love the leaves in your own backyard... those on the grass are just gorgeous!... xoxo Julie Marie

Susan said...

Oh beautiful shots, Kit. Loved them. Loved seeing you waving hi to us, too. Thanks so much for sharing. Susan

Pom Pom said...

The campus is looking VERY pretty!
It's a very good idea to take a drive this time of year! Happy fall, Kit!

The Boston Lady said...

Beautiful! All of it - the leaves, the sky, the homestead, the town. I love the picture of the leaves on the ground. Thanks for sharing! Ann

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

A delightful way to spend any day, in any car--Glad you had an enjoyable day, your photos are just gorgeous!!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

A delightful way to spend any day, in any car--Glad you had an enjoyable day, your photos are just gorgeous!!

Anita said...

Oh what gorgeous photos!! I love seeing Montana, especially this time of year. Was last there with my dad near Hardin in 98, but seems like yesterday. Love the old homesteads too. Just gorgeous!!

Liz D said...

Thank you for sharing your autumn drive. Montana is lovely in the fall, almost New England-like...but more spacious. The abandoned farms are so interesting, wonder if you ever could explore? My favorite photo is the colorful leaves, up close---just perfect.

lizzy

Jen Kershner said...

I cannot even believe how gorgeous those pictures are. We are seriously lacking in fall color and I'm not sure what's going on. We should be in the midst of a big show right now but I guess I will have to live vicariously through you!

Junell said...

Beautiful pictures!