October

October
(internet)

Monday, September 30, 2013

This and That

Wind is kicking up. Been chilly and rainy today, so I have had the fireplace going even tho I am still running around in shorts. :) I have chicken baking in the oven and it smells wonderful. I taped the Bronco game so we will watch that as we eat dinner. A favorite thing for us to do. During the week, we watch Jeopardy and I gain tidbits of info over peas and biscuits. Been a productive day, my favorite kind. When I get ready for bed each night, I like to look back on the day and know I have gotten some things done and that it felt good.
  
  • So far today I took down all my decor from the Summer and got my living room ready for tomorrow. And Halloween! I go from blue and greens to lots of black, orange and purple. Quite the difference and quite pretty.
  •  A new picture hangs in the bathroom (my oldest took it on her travels and I just love it) See it below.
  • The geraniums I over winter, are trimmed and watered and lending some great color to my craft room. And the large fern that graces the patio is now nice and happy in the front window and safe from chilling frosts.
Off I go, time to sit back and relax and do a little mending. :) Always, Kit




11 comments:

  1. aww you gals over there sure know how to decorate for the seasons. Have you met Joyce http://octoberfarm.blogspot.co.nz/ she is decorating her place too.

    STUNNING picture your daughter took!
    Love Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous photo:-) It reminds me of the last time I was in Montana near Hardin on my cousin's ranch. Love it there so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fire in the fireplace [sigh], so delightful. Even if you re still in your shorts. Love fall decorating. And photo is beautiful, just how I picture your world.

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture, too!
    Are you still working at the school? I'm glad you're feeling fall-ish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kit...I love when I find something in common with someone. Every night before I start counting sheep, I think about all the "productive" things I did that day, the more the better. Not that I feel a crazy need to keep busy, just to know that I am squeezing every bit of life out of my day as I can.

    I love the picture, it's very peaceful and I like the subtle colors.

    I am wondering if I need to start bringing some plants in, our mornings are in the 50's, not doing the coffee thing on the patio with the dogs too much anymore! And this will give me a head start on clean up for winter.

    Have a great week, my friend!

    Xo,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having a very productive day is such a good feeling. Beautiful picture, Kit, I'm sure it's great in your bathroom. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your posts always make me feel happy. They also make me want to do something in my home or gardens.

    You've always been an inspiration to me dear Kit.

    That photo by your daughter is wonderful.

    Love and hugs to you ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful picture Kit! I feel the same way if I have had a productive day, satisfied and accomplished. Love your new look! Ann

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a busy bee you've been.

    I am having a Fun Fall Foods Linky party tomorrow and every recipe (old or new)link is elegible to win the giveaway.

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Kit...Your daughter's photo is a winner. Gorgeous!It could win first prize in a photo contest.

    Your header looks lovely, too.

    Nice you had the fireplace going. We haven't lit ours yet but it's comin!

    Thanks for stopping by, Kit. It's always nice to see you've visited.

    Every time I go to our enclosed porch and see the heart craft in the window (that I learned from you), I think of you! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Kit... love love love this post... I do many of those same things as well... each night when I get in bed, usually before Jack, I write down in my journal what I did that day, what I am thankful for... everything that matters to me most in life... your fireplace going and chicken in the oven sounds so nice... we are cold cold here now... I have one geranium left in a pot I am going to bring in for the winter... I can't wait to see your Halloween decorations, always so cute... and I love your header... did you make the beautiful Autumn sampler?... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete