October

October
(internet)

Saturday, September 14, 2013

The Weekend!

I slept 11 hours last night. And it felt soooo good. Great dreams, good temperature, and oh so cozy. Yesterday I told the hubby that I didn't want to do anything on Saturday, but after such a great night, I wanted to go yard saling. And we did! It was such fun. This late in the season, folks are getting creative with their wares. Someone took a real kitchen drawer and had all sorts of spatulas, slotted spoons and can openers in it and offered it as a "complete drawer of utensils". Made me laugh! I spotted a bowl filled with metal and glass salt and pepper shakers (some still full of product...LOL) and tooth pick holders labeled, "a bowl full of little bits - $1.00", and that one I bought. I need shakers at work, and the others can be used at home or as little vases. Found a strange religious picture that spoke to me for 50 cents, and an embroidered rag doll in a free box. I just had to buy her. No one should be relegated to a free box. My hubby said her face look worried. But not anymore. :) Finally, a Shiny Brite Christmas ornament box with tiny faded glass bells called my name and I couldn't resist. 

So I am glad I went. Now I plan to just do some relaxing the rest of the day and tonight my U of M Griz football team are playing North Dakota. They are awfully good, so wish my team luck.  Always, Kit




8 comments:

  1. Nothing like these cooler nights to really enjoy your rest. I'm so glad you gave the poor little doll a new home. You're right, nobody should end up in a FREE box. I went, too, bought a beeswax candle, some green sea glass, a box(?) for my art room and a stack of clay pots. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for ten hours of cozy sleep! When I get a sleep like that, I feel the same way . . . let's go!
    Yard sales are fun! I'm glad your Grizzlies are playing today! I hope they win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the perfect day after such a good night of sleep! Best wishes to your football team, Kit! Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love a good yard sale, and it's especially fun when you're in the mood for fun finds!! Hope the rest of your day was enjoyable too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. On some nights you just 'need' a long sleep, and it sounds like the weather was perfect for it too.

    Your yard sale adventure sounds really good too.

    I hope you have a lovely Sunday Kit with your DH.

    Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  6. The yard sales sound so fun! And you found good ''stuff''. Lucky you.

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kit...

    I love sleeping on cool nights, too. Trouble is, I don't want to get out of the nice warm bed in the morning. ha!

    Glad you got to that yard sale. Sounded like fun. How about a photo of your rag doll?

    Thanks for your visits. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that sounds like my idea of heaven on earth.

    Have a week as beautiful as you!

    ReplyDelete