December

December
(internet)

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Has it only been two weeks?!!

I am back at it and a bit exhausted. And tho my pride is a bit hurt (aren't I suppose to be Wonder Woman?) I am glad to be at my school, cooking up yummy things to eat and dispensing hugs and smiles. I have to admit, I thought it would be a breeze. It's been 5 months! But it is easy to ignore all the stats saying it takes a year to get back to normal, one has to gradually build their stamina up, Rome wasn't built in a day, etc. So naps have been re-instated, yard work curtailed and reading is my number one hobby. It does feel so good to be back, in a routine, in my own special space and seeing all the those faces that I missed so much last year. I just need to be realistic and know it is going to take a little time to get my groove back. But I am up to the challenge, cause I don't want anyone else taking care of my "kids", I want it to be me that they see each morn. :) Always, Kit

My wonderful Back To School kit that my youngest gave to me on the first day. Everything I need to start my year, plus a whole bunch of love!


9 comments:

  1. Oh, DO take it a bit easy, Kit! I'm sure all the students are delighted to see you. YOU are SO nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kit ~ Just take things one day at a time. Let your body heal.

    Love and hugs to you ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know they are glad to have you back, Kit, but you are right to listen to your body and take it easy in your down time. Pretty soon you will be back up to full speed! Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. So glad you're taking it easier. Your blog, however, is happy and upbeat as usual and the colors are so pretty. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kit...Those kids are SO LUCKY to have you! Yessiree.

    I'm glad you are taking time to take care of you, too!

    You've been through a lot so take good care of yourself.

    I wish you the very, very best. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is an up and down thing getting back into a routine, some things come so easy, like riding a bike again...and then there are always new things to learn. Summers are short enough for all of us, but for you...I'm sure they fly by!

    I never noticed your daughter's blog on your sidebar...I have to pop over! :)

    Happy Saturday, Kit!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet you are enjoying seeing the kids again. It's good to see you are listening to your body and taking naps and enjoying resting up with a good book.
    Love Leanne xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to hear you're back at work! Just don't overdue, enjoy the kids but take it easy.

    love

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  9. No doubt the kids at school love seeing your smiling face and receiving big hugs from you! Listen to your body. You will know when you are doing too much. Take care of yourself. :) Tammy

    ReplyDelete