June

June

Monday, August 5, 2013

A New Month

August! I am already noticing a change. Getting darker at night and darker in the morn. Cooler nights too. We will have to turn the furnace on soon. But we are still having sunny days with lots of heat. I do not plan too many projects for this month. I want to relax and savor each green day. I mow, and prune and primp, happy with how well my roses did and unhappy that one of my hostas looks like it was food for the slugs. Note to self: move said hosta. I don't kill the slugs, I just make it a little harder for them to snack on my fav plants. :) This was the best year for my hydrangea. It is hard to grow them here, but I finally put it in a pot, gave it a sheltered area and had tons of blossoms this year. Now I want to move it to a more visible place in the yard, but I am afraid to alter the mojo! Well, off I go, no rest for the weary. :) Always, Kit



4 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Hi Kit! Well done! I thought we couldn't grow hydrangeas either, but maybe I should try!
Yes, do enjoy every bit of summer. Are you going back to school soon?

The Boston Lady said...

The Hydrangea looks great, Kit! It's one of my favorite plants. We aren't having too many signs of summer slacking off yet, probably another 6 weeks or so. Ann

Diane said...

I'm glad you posted this Kit. I just came in from the yard and was feeling tired and depressed because there's SO much to do. Your post gives me a happy kick in the rear to enjoy it. Blessings, Diane

Susan said...

Hi Kit...Your hydrangea look fabulous in the pot! Never thought of that possibility!

Did you see my heart window decoration? Just wondering. I did it cuz I loved the glass-paned door you did. Susan