April

April
(internet)

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Recouping

I have come to realize that I can quite get used to napping. I have never slept so much, but it feels so good. :) I am now 2 days shy of 4 weeks since the surgery. Where did that time go? (napping...LOL)
I am feeling pretty good, but boy they are right when they say: no bending, no lifting, no sitting, no shopping, etc. Cause when you do, you pay the price the next day. Of course I have been perfect and followed all the orders... :P Thank heavens I have the best family who has been doing all my chores, errands and just in general keeping me sane. I shuffle about in my overlarge pants, wide awake sometimes at 3am (because of all the napping!) and slowly get back to normal. Feels good. The other things that feel good are all your well-wishes for me, flowers and cards I have received, sparkly jewelry, juicy gossip from out in the world, food I am not supposed to be eating, a banner from the students I saw every day, and the daily inquiries about my health and well being. I have a bit to go still, but I can see the corner that I will be turning, right down the block. :) Always, Kit






14 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Yay for you, Kit! You look GREAT! I'm so glad that you are taking the time to nap and be peaceful. You'll have a fun summer and it's just around the corner!

Susan said...

Oh, Kit, what an ordeal to go through. But you DID it and now you are going to be all better. Thank the Lord. I've missed your posts and wondered where you went. Now I know.

Get strong and feel back to yourself soon!

WOW! This is going to be the happiest Mother's Day of ALL! The best to you, dear Kit. Sincerely, Susan

Diane said...

Great to see your pictures with that big smile and all the love that people are sending you. When you're napping you're healing. Keep on getting better. Diane

Blondie's Journal said...

It makes me so happy that you are improving with every day! I'm sorry I haven't been able to comment a lot lately but you have been in my thoughts and prayers. Napping is good, your body needs it. What a wonderful family you have!

Get well soon and Happy Mother's Day!

XO,
Jane

Jen said...

I'm so glad to hear you are on the mend, slowly but surely! Liam and I need to stop by at some point and give you hugs, those always speed the healing process (but we won't until you really want visitors!)

<3 Jen

MandaBurms said...

Good girl resting and letting your body heal. So lovely to see a blog post from you! Thinking of you and sending many healing blessings your way. Love Leanne

oldgreymare said...

Well look at you feeling all perky and good. I meant to say something when I replied earlier but plum forgot. (Long day of class today). and a sieve for brains.
SO glad to hear you are on the mend.
Be good, do as you're told and you'll be out running just as your weather turns nice <3

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Dear, dear Kit ~ So glad to hear you are recouping nicely and it's good that you are being so well taken care of.

Love and hugs to you, and Happy Mother's Day.

FlowerLady

Liz D said...

Happy Mothers Day, Kit! And best wishes for your continuing recuperation. With that smile and your optimism..and your wonderful family at your side I know you ll do great. Sending loving Get wel/ be well thoughts...from the beach!

love

lizzy

Lurena Sheary Williamson said...

Hi Kit! Wow! What an ordeal! Yikes, I completely understand the emotional roller coaster and as you saw on my blog am in my own little world of finding my "new normal" both physically and emotionally too. Thank God that you are here blessing this world with your spirit- you kicked cancers butt! You go girl! A big hug to you

Lorrie said...

So very glad you are being good (!) and feeling better. Enjoy this time of napping!

The Boston Lady said...

Way to go Kit! All that napping is your body telling you need to catch up on that rest. Pretty soon you will be back to the busy bee that you are! Ann

Rustique Gal said...

Kit, you are well on your way! Napping is our body's way of mending and healing, and I'm all for it. I did lots and lots of that after my recent knee replacement. Had a hard time sleeping at night, but I had "permission" to sleep any time I could. I'm sure you will soon be back to your normal self!
Hugs,
Sherry

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I am so glad to hear that your recuperation is going well. Continue to take care of yourself. Sending healing thoughts your way. Blessings, Tammy