October

October
(internet)

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Pardon the Interruption, but...

 Got thrown a curve ball. World was up side down and topsy turvy. Had to go away, to be able to come back. And now that I am on the "other side" as they say, I can talk about it. March 28th, 4:27pm is a time that I will remember the rest of my life. At that precise time, I was told I had Cancer. Uterine Cancer. True, it's the "best" kind to get, but still Cancer. I went thru the gambit of feelings (screaming, crying, worrying, and wondering) and then resolve. And then got to the work of getting rid of it. I wanted it gone, yesterday. Was told I might have to wait till May to have the hysterectomy done in my hometown. Unacceptable. I no more could live with this tumor growing in me, than have aliens taking up residence. Which is exactly how I looked at it. At any moment, it would grow and burst out of it's confines and I would be lost. Opted to go to Billings, MT (my new favorite city in the world) to have the DaVinci Robotic Surgery. Prayed they could fit me in, prayed it would be on April 15th. So while some folks were sweating their taxes, I was losing my "lady parts", all of them, but I didn't care. They had served me well, but now they had to go. It is now day 12 and I am still sore and tired and my body is rather bruised, but I found out last week, they had caught it so early, the tumor was totally contained in the Uterus and no lymph nodes were affected. It is gone! And I do not need anymore treatment. :) I feel like I have my life back. I will recoup, no more work for the rest of the school year and I will get stronger each day. Spring has officially arrived for me. Always, Kit


13 comments:

  1. So, so happy that it turned out good for you, Kit. You HAVE been around the world and back since yu last posted. Take care and get better. God bless you, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Kit! How upsetting...but your optimism and positive outlook shine through. You are an inspiration. Best wishes for s fast recovery so that you can enjoy the coming spring and summer months ahead.

    love

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kit...dear sweet lady, you did exactly what I would had done and I am beyond happy that you had such a good result. What you must have gone through in these past few weeks....I'm not going to pretend to understand. Just know that I am thinking of you and praying that you make a great a very quick recovery. Someone was watching out for you.

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Kit! Way to take care of things! I am so glad you went right to Billings for the surgery.
    I'm so thankful that you are now well. Take care. Go slow and feel the love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kit! Well you have had a rough few weeks, haven't you? I'm sorry that you were thrown this curve but you attended to it promptly and with courage.
    Spring is a rebirth, and you are now forever connected to her.
    Wallow in your life, in the goodness of family and the power of grace. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. GASP! What courageous lady! Wonderful to read you didn't lay down and wait you got fighting and kicked that cancer right out.
    Wonderful news that it has gone, those lady parts sure looked after you, keeping it contained.

    Sending you much love and healing

    Love Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear, dear Kit ~ What shocking news and I'm so glad you had the hysterectomy and that you are now recuperating.

    You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

    Love and hugs to you dear heart ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kit - you HAVE been on quite the journey. So glad that you are on the mend, take good care of yourself.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, my strong Mommy! You make me beam with pride with how strong you are! Cancer was no match for you and I couldn't be more glad that you acted quickly. Your "lady bits" are pretty impressive! They made my sister and me, and then contained that icky Cancer so you'd be OK! Well done! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Kit, how GLAD I am that they caught it early enough!!! I'm praying for a quick recovery. So thankful you don't have to do chemo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thinking about you today and hoping that you're feeling better all the time. God bless, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Kit. So sorry you had to go through all of this, so stressful. But very glad to hear all the good results. Early detection is definitely the key and you acted very quickly which is also very good. Take it easy and you will have a wonderful recovery I am sure. Big hug to you! Ann

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Kit! I'm so glad to hear that it was caught early and that you were able to take care of it so quickly. God bless you! Tammy

    ReplyDelete