October

October
(internet)

Monday, April 8, 2013

April Showers

Life is not a highway strewn with flowers
Still it holds a goodly share of bliss
When the sun gives way to April Showers
Here is the point you should never miss

Though April Showers may come your way
They bring the flowers that bloom in May
So if it's raining, have no regrets
Because it isn't raining rain you know
It's raining violets.

And where you see clouds upon the hill
You soon will see crowds of daffodils
So keep on looking for the blue bird
And listening for his song
Whenever April showers come along. 
Written by Louis Silvers

(Internet)



12 comments:

  1. So sweet! My pansies are still blooming from last fall...and as you know, I put blue birds on my quilt panel. Attitude is the key...

    love

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. And then May flowers bring pilgrims! :) A very optimistic post, both literally and figuratively. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty old song and I love what you've done with your blog. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're having an April snow storm! Snow Day (I HAVE to capitalize this for emphasis!) today and I'm grateful for a cozy house when it's SO cold outside!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet photo of the violets in the cup, Kit.

    Thanks for your visit to my blog and comment, too. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. SMILE,
    Your blog decorating is looking real pretty too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those violets/pansies in the teacup. Such a sweet way to present them. The song brings back memories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. May flowers bring pilgrims! Ha! Haven't heard that one before. Is it raining in your neck of the woods? We just have heat mixed with some dust. Hazy again today. Wishing you a fabulous Friday. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty Kit!... I hope you are enjoying a beautiful Spring... our weather has gone from sunny and nice, to wind and freezing temps, now rain today... but it is SPRING!... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember this song, so sweet! We have had lots of rain and sleet in the last few days. I'm looking forward to planting the first pansies!
    Happy Spring!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had never heard or read this particular one before, but it sums it all up perfectly! Ann

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love April showers, so I hope the recent snow showers we've had turn into rain showers soon!

    ReplyDelete