May

May
(internet)

Saturday, March 16, 2013

The St. Patrick's Day Parade!

It was a bit overcast, and chilly, but our town didn't care. We showed up on Higgins Ave. all dressed in whatever shade of green we could find and we all reveled in being Irish. Lots of floats, horses, dogs, hot rods, and children. And of course candy! I was lucky to have my girls, hubby and my daughter's young man with us to celebrate. We greeted friends, clapped for the horse pooper scoopers, enjoyed the bag pipers, and oohed and ahhhed over costumes and hair colors. Such a fun time. Just what us Northern clime folks need in March.  Have a very Happy St. Pat's Day! Always, Kit


Jimmy, Jilly, Me, and my hubby


Jimmy and E. Charlotte





9 comments:

LV said...

What a fun way to celebrate St. Patrick's day. Looks like everyone was having fun.

Pom Pom said...

Hi Kit! Fun! Did I tell you our son is playing the bagpipes now? He doesn't have time to play in a band, but he was taking his family to their city's St. Patrick's Day parade. There are always pipers at parades! I love it!
Spring is coming!

Susan said...

Oh Kit, that looked like so much fun! Wow! A whole parade! Must be a lot of Irish people live there. Thanks for sharing such a happy day! Susan

Blondie's Journal said...

Ha! I know what you mean about the horse pooper scoopers!! It looks like a good time was had by all! I love our parade and the dying of the Chicago River green is something not to be missed. I may post a picture although I have for the past four years I've been blogging! lol!

XO,
Jane

Diane said...

Great pics Kit. Oh and the pipers - I would love to have seen them. Diane

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Such happiness! I love a parade!

I do hope you have entered the springtime giveaway I am currently hosting.

May you and yours enjoy a lovely St. Patrick's Day!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Looks like fun. Great scarf and the doggy is so cute. Best wishes, Tammy

Mrs. Mac said...

I enjoyed your post AND the music!

Zuzu said...

Fun finds you, Kit! Great photos - I'm sitting here smiling a big ol' Irish grin.
Happy Spring!!!
Hugs,
Zuzu