October

October
(internet)

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Valentine's Day

This holiday is a big one in our family. We like to go all out to express our love. I heard a comment that one family doesn't celebrate the holiday cause aren't you supposed to celebrate love each day? So true. But, don't we all benefit from a day when we get to tell and show, and revel in the love for each other? I think so. :) So we reveled! Every year I do up a gift bag for my girls filled with items to make their holiday special: socks, pencils, stuffed toy, candy and flowers. And their Dad adds a large candy heart just from him. Valentine's were shared, visits were made (my youngest came to see me at work bearing my favorite candy of Tootsie Rolls) and I had a visit from my love with a bouquet of my favorite flowers ~ Daisys. I ran to his office bearing a balloon and suckers to tell the world or at least his store, of my love. He loved his surprise when he returned from lunch. In the mail, our oldest girl who was working out of town at the time, sent us little Valentine's from Marvel Comics. The kind that were shared in classrooms all over the world. So cute and I loved the fact that Thor and Iron Man sent us their heartfelt wishes. :) At work, candies and pencils and marshmallow hearts surprised teachers and staff, a student handed me a silk flower and proclaimed that I was his Valentine and it seemed like everyone was sporting red. Such a celebration for such a Lovely day. Always, Kit


6 comments:

  1. You are so full of happy celebration, Kit! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your love and joy in life/ living is so inspiring! Fun ideas too for special gifts. Happy Valentines Day!

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had such a lovely Valentine's day. You always go all out for your family and I think that is wonderful.

    Thank you for my sweet card filled with those little red hearts. They always make me smile.

    Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you and your family had a wonderful day! Hurray! I heard that comment, too, and strongly agree with you...it's a day to celebrate our love! To shout it from the rooftops. Okay, well maybe not, but you get the idea! ;-D

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kit. Sounds like your family did it up big. Sounded GREAT!

    Love the red balloons against the blue sky pix. Did you take that? So cool.

    Hope your Sunday is super, too. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a wonderful day to celebrate. It's sweet that you are one of your students Valentine! Diane

    ReplyDelete