April

April
(internet)

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Playing Nurse ~ Part 2

As many of you know, back in August my youngest had to have jaw surgery (see here for the story) All seemed to be going well but then in November her face began to swell and she ended up with a massive infection. One CAT scan later it was deemed that the screws that were put in to hold her jaw in place were getting "angry" and not playing fair. So they had to come out. On Thursday I took her in for her 6th surgery to date, to fix what we hope is the final problem. She came thru wonderfully and I took her home to recoup. Armed with my liquid food, pain killers, fluffy TV and my best bedside manner, we hung out for two days. This girl is such a trooper! I have never heard her complain, lament, or whine. She just gets it done. She is swollen, can't eat, and in pain, but she still manages to joke and make light of it. :) We are hoping this is the end of it, but you can bet if it isn't, we will both grin and bear it, (her better than me) I will load the dvr with more shows and we will face it together. Always, Kit


10 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

She's in good hands with you and I hope this is the last surgery for her, bless her heart.

FlowerLady

Lorrie said...

What a brave girl she is. Sending healing thoughts and prayers.

Julie Marie at Idyllhours said...

Oh Kit, I do hope she feels better soon and the doctors get everything fixed up this time... you are such a good mama and I know you both adore each other... you are a real trooper too, you know... sending lots of get well wishes and love, xoxo Julie Marie

The Boston Lady said...

What a trooper she is Kit. Sucha hard surgery to endure even once let alone multiple times. You make a good team. Successful recovery! Ann

MandaBurms said...

aWW That is ot fair! Gosh I sure hope this is the last surgery for her. So glad you have enjoyed the special time together.
Love Leanne

Liz D said...

Dear Kit! Your daughter got her strength and optimism for you, I think! You ll both be in my thoughts...best wishes!

lizzy

Karen Mary Butterfly said...

You are awesome mom and she does sound like a real trooper. Poor baby! Ouch!! Hope she's feeling better soon!
Karen

Diane said...

Good for her and good for you, too. Hope this will be the last.

Thank you for your kindness, Kit. Diane

Laurie said...

It sounds is if she has her strength, perseverance and joy for life from you, Kt. I hope she is feeling better each day and heals
%100!

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

What a brave girl and good for you for being such a good nurse mama.