October

October
(internet)

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Our Disney Trip 2013

Yep, we made it back from our fabulous trip to Californy! I just love LA. You step off the plane at good Ole John Wayne airport and the fun begins. Such great people to help you get your car (we were upgraded to a silver blue Sonata, cause we were from Mt and we were nice) and off we went, hitting I-5 at rush hour. Our hotel was wonderful, and they gave us a lovely room with two views and the big surprise was a bottle of champagne, chocolates and a card from our daughters. They had set up an Anniversary celebration for us. A great way to start our trip. Thanks ladies!

 The weather was fantastic. The week started out a bit cool, but still sunny with blue skies. By Wednesday, it was hot and lovely. My instant Summer had arrived. :) For 5 days, we park hopped and hit all the rides we could, sometimes doing some up to 6 times! (Car Racers and California Screamin') We strolled, I ate Pineapple Whip and enjoyed the flowers, plants and Orange and Lemon trees. In the middle of Winter! We shopped and ate lovely meals at the Carthay Circle and Wine Trattoria and you really can't beat a hot dog and an Orange Fanta while strolling Buena Vista Blvd. Caught two parades and the wonderful show, Aladdin. And of course to finish out our visit; the Wonderful World of Color program and the Fireworks over the Castle. Nothing like watching Tinker Bell flying across the sky to cause a grown woman to cry.

 It was going to be sad to leave the palm trees and sunshine and fun. But I overheard a man telling his daughter in the airport, "If we came to Disneyland every day, it wouldn't be special." He is right. You have to go away to appreciate just what a wonderful place it is. Thank you Walt Disney for all you have done. And for making my 35th wedding anniversary so very special. Always, Kit


14 comments:

  1. Awww Kit. I can almost hear your squeals of joy over Disneyland all the way over here in snowbound Massachusetts!

    Your "little girl" had a blast, I can tell. How wonderful. And I think if I saw Tinkerbell flying across the sky, I'd cry, too!

    I do recall the fabulous fireworks show there.

    SOOOOO happy you and your hubs had an extra special anniversary. You deserved it!

    Thanks for sharing your wonderful trip photos, too. Love that four poster bed! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary dear Kit!... sounds and looks like you had such a wonderful time!... and how sweet of your daughters to surprise you with your anniversary treats!... xoxo... Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back to winter!!! I'm glad you had a wonderful anniversary. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me smile so huge! I LOVE that you got to go to Disneyland! And Happy, Happy Anniversary to the two of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great time you had! Love the smiles on your faces! Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 35th wedding anniversary. It looks like the two of you had a fantastic time.

    Have a great week back home.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back! Glad to hear you had such a wonderful time and great weather. I've been to Disney World many times but never Disneyland. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! I'm glad you had fun! Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a fun mosaic for fun times! ~ Glad you enjoyed yourselves ~

    Carol of: A Creative Harbor

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds like an awful lot of fun. I've never, ever been to Disney Land. I think I'll have to plan a trip, though, once the grandsons are just a wee bit older.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby! What a great trip. It is a magical place to visit. Love the photos. Have a happy day and week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  12. well I have never been the USA let-alone Disneyland - so thank you for taking us there. It looks like lots of fun!
    have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that you went to Disneyland for your anniversary. How fun & congrats on your special day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kit, what a fun way to celebrate your anniversary. I haven't yet tried Disneyland here and am curious how it will compare to Disney World in our old town. It sounds like a wonderful winter break for you and you and that dad had it right. It wouldn't be as special if you did it every day. Ann

    ReplyDelete