December

December
(internet)

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Time to Liven Things Up a Bit

I have purged, and hibernated and I swear I have watched bits and pieces of the movie, Sense and Sensibility (on Encore lately) at least 6 times. Which spurred me to drink many cups of tea, write actual letters on paper, and made me curious and wonder, just what is leg of mutton?  I seem to have dusted the whole house, re-arranged the many collections I own, and my bed time has slowly been creeping down toward 8 o'clock. I curl up with my book and block out the cold and it is heaven. I can almost pretend that I am back in a different century. Winter does that to me. But....

That will all come to a screeching halt come Sunday. When I step off the plane in lovely (and hopefully sunny) LA!  Hubby and I are taking a trip to Disneyland to celebrate 35 years together and we are both getting very excited. The weather here has been very very cold and our valley hasn't seen much sun of late. So it will be a treat. I love everything about Disney and from the rides to the flowers and the parades and the wonderful food, I will be in a different kind of heaven. For one magical week, I can pretend it is Summer. And pretend I am a youngster again.  Always, Kit






9 comments:

  1. Oh Kit, have a wonderful time and Happy Anniversary!... I have been trying to stay off the computer a bit and do other things, like you are... lots of reading, cleaning, resting and like you, to bed early!... can't wait to see photos from your trip, much love, xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like the best way to beat the winter blahs, Kit! Happy Anniversary. It will be clearing after Sunday with a sunny week ahead, I hear. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yahoo! You'lll have so much fun! I'm so happy for you! Our thirty-fifth anniversary is in June!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds so fun , Kit! As always your enthusiasm is so inspiring.

    [PS I just have to ask! Leg o' mutton as in a roast or as in a sleeve? lol.]

    have a great trip!

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! I'm sure you are going to have a fantabulously wonderful time. I hope you have sunshine every single day. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how fun! What a great sunny change. Have a wonderful trip Kit. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. How WONDERFUL - and an awesome way to celebrate 35 years. HAVE fun!!!
    Love Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Kit, have a wonderful time! I know you will!

    So happy you when you stop by my blog.

    WOW. Montana gets some chilly temps too, eh?

    Take care and enjoy the WARM temps! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun way to celebrate! I hope you enjoyed the sunshine in CA. It was a little cold at the beginning of the week, but warmed up nicely by the end. How fun to think we might have passed each other in the Seattle airport on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete