October

October
(internet)

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Purging!

Or as I like to think ~ fun time for me!...LOL  There is something about cleaning out unwanted items, re-positioning current keepers, and giving my place a new look that excites me to no end.When folks ask me what my hobbies are and I include interior decorating. They give me a strange look. "For other people?" Nope, just for me. So many people keep the same look to their homes for years on end. Okay for them, but I like to mix it up a bit. Ever since I entered the world of blogs and saw, oh so many lovely photos of projects and colors and style, I can't sit still. On the docket is the bathroom, which I will start in February. But for now, I need to create some room in my storage area. So out will come the boxes, in will go stuff no longer wanted, and hubby will put in the car to take to Goodwill. And I will feel great and ready to revamp my space. :) Always, Kit

(Indiana Jones)

12 comments:

  1. I'm with you, once I clean out the clutter and the "I'm not so crazy about this anymore" stuff, I am ready to redo the space. The ideas in Blogland keep me motivated. Once the cold weather hits, I try to keep busy taking care of the clutter I didn't notice before. After all that work I am a little more picky about what I bring in!

    Have a Happy Weekend, Kit!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be doing some purging of things too, and changing some things around, but not a whole lot. What I am thinking about will make me love our little cottage even more.

    Have a lovely Sunday ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to clean things out, too. It gives you a good feeling. Do you decorate for Valentine's Day? Have fun Kit. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really is refreshing to purge your space of the things that you no longer need or are of any use and look ahead to a fun new space, or bathroom! I'll look forward to seeing your revamp! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kit! You have soooo much energy! I am just happy to have my home clean and back to blue and white by Jan 15. I consider January a quilting month, *my* quilting month. Your previous post sounds more like me, snow & a good book? Perfect!

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the pic. :)
    Have fun fixing it all up pretty, Kit!!!
    Hugs,
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that feeling too! I need to tackle my basement next... eek!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you...I love to rearrange my furniture & pictures now & then, give the place a new look. One of my last redecorating challenges was my bathroom which I painted chocolate brown with white trim...I loved it but it might just be time for a change in there this spring. have fun!!!
    Smiles,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a friend who decorates once when she moves into a home and things stay pretty much the same for a very long time. Not so with me, I'm always changing things up, rearranging the furniture (when my husband will help) and trying out new ideas. It's so much fun!
    Have fun with giving your place a new look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found your blog today and I love it! I look forward to reading more of your posts! I am with you on the purging, I need to do more of that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is something I need to do but I don't think of it as fun time at all. Yesterday I cleaned on top of my fridge. Oh my! You can't even imagine the dust in this country and how it lands on everything and collects and gets into every crevice. I just don't feel any satisfaction in cleaning something that will need it again within a day or week. Definitely need to purge and organize. Baby steps! :) Hope you've had a great week. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love de-cluttering and get things done! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete