May

May
(internet)

Monday, December 10, 2012

What a deal!

Yesterday, I met up with my youngest for a drive around town and a quick lunch. With tacos happily being consumed we headed up the Rattlesnake. Immediately I realized that the roads up there were too snowy even with a Jeep. So I decided to go up to the next cross street and double back, when what do I spy on the side of the road, but a colonial style bench in a lovely turquoise color, and it was bearing a sign. But what did the sign say? It said FREE!! I hit those brakes and was out of the car before the poor chap behind me knew what was happening. Lucky for me he was paying attention and didn't rear end me....LOL I picked that bench up and stuffed it in the back of my car. Yay, for having an SUV. I had no idea what I was going to do with it, but my daughter said, "It can go on the new porch." And you know what, it fits perfectly and I am in love! I hope it loves it's new home. :) Always, Kit



11 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a lovely find Kit. I would have braked for that too. :-)

Enjoy the holidays.

FlowerLady Lorraine

Laurie said...

The bench is perfect on your porch, Kit! How wonderful that it was free!

Lorrie Orr said...

What a GREAT find!

Diane said...

It's wonderful! And my husband always says "The price was right!!"Diane

The Boston Lady said...

A perfect early Christmas present! I love it! I have a yellow sister to it on my front porch. Ann

Pom Pom said...

It looks like YOU! Hooray for freebies! Now if you're looking for an old Nordic Track . . . I have one. Lol!

Julie Marie at Idyllhours said...

Wow Kit!... you hit the jackpot!... love love love it and it looks like it was made just for your porch!... love my SUV too... never know what you just might find to fit in it!... xoxo Julie Marie

oldgreymare said...

Score! :D

MandaBurms said...

SMILE - don't yea love it how the men folk watch out for us women drivers. But if he has a girl in his life he would understand why you had to break like that. I just know you gonna love your bench.
Love Leanne

Jen said...

That is adorable and in amazing condition, yay for you!!!!

Debbie Mitchell said...

Great find!!! I love it.