April

April
(internet)

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Making a Merry Christmas

I am up early today. Tried to fall back to sleep but my mind kept whirling about. Thought I may as well get started and if I need a nap later, so be it. We had a lovely fall of snow last night, so my lights look especially pretty. I have a few more gifts to "put together" but for the most part I am finished. :) It was fun this year planning certain packages. For a friend, (who liked Strawberry Shortcake as a child) I had a vintage gift box that I have been saving for years and her gift fit in it perfectly. And ever since my husband became manager of his store, we give all his assistant managers (13) a gift of wine and an ornament. It is fun putting it all together. I liked this year's traditional color scheme, with a modern flair. And of course the bottle has to match the color of the bags...LOL



Christmas isn't Christmas without a few favorite treats. So I dusted off my trusty old crumbling Betty Crocker Cookbook and whipped up some Russian Tea Cakes. Followed by Frosted Molasses Drops and Magic Cookie Bars. So yummy! Next up, I need to chocolate dip some pretzels and stir up some Chex Mix. 






So I think I am ready for the holiday. I look back over the calendar I make for the month and can't believe how much we have done and how much fun we have had. :) Lots of great new memories and more to come! Always, Kit




8 comments:

Pom Pom said...

You are so filled with joy, good Kit! I love the way you express your happiness by doing things for others. I wish you a most blessed Christmas!

Julie Marie at Idyllhours said...

Sounds wonderful Kit!... I have told you before, your home reminds me of the wonderful Susan Branch... always sooo happy and full of fun things to look at and yummy things to eat!... Merry Christmas to you!!! xoxo Julie Marie

Blondie's Journal said...

I am a grumpy early riser but it's easier if I promise myself a nap! It looks like you are on top of things. It's hectic here but everything manages to get done!




What a great idea for your husband's assistants! Aren't wine labels just getting wild?!

I'm sending warm wishes to you and your family for a very Merry Christmas!

XO,
Jane

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Dear Kit ~ I always enjoy hearing about your holiday preparations. Your enthusiasm is contagious.

Have a lovely Christmas and a great 2013.

FlowerLady Lorraine

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

May the peace, joy and love of the season be yours all year long!

Susan said...

Hi Kit! Oh, I love my old Betty Crocker cookbook. It's my all time fave.

So glad you are enjoying preparations for Christmas. I'm loving every moment, too, even though I'm a tad bit tired.

Take care and oh! Thanks for all your visits and comments to my blog this y ear. You're a sweetie.

Merry holidays to you and all your family. Susan

Liz D said...

I so love the joy and energy you bring to the holidays..and to your life. Enjoy every moment!

Merry Christmas

lizzy

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I'm glad you're enjoying the holidays and are all ready!
*´¨)¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤All of us at Golden Pines hope you have a Very Merry Christmas!!