August

August

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Gathering

I know all of us are reeling from the events of yesterday and trying to cope. I myself am staying away from the TV and internet updates. I guess I am in denial. I can't quite wrap my mind around it. My daughter and I met up for lunch and when she got in the car, she gave me a huge hug and held on. We needed to see each other. So I am coping in the only way I know how. I am gathering my family close. We are going out to a nice dinner tonight, then with candy canes and Christmas music we will enjoy a Light Tour of our city. I am hoping it will dispel some of my thoughts and replace them with Goodness and some Cheer. Take care all. Always, Kit


7 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Dear Kit ~ Enjoy your family time tonight. It's healing.

FlowerLady

Julie Marie at Idyllhours said...

Hello Kit... I am like you... I cannot watch the news or read on the internet... Jack is a retired police officer and I feel for all of those officers, paramedics and everyone else who it affected as well... as those horrific memories stay with them forever too... so I am doing what I can do best to help... praying... and like you, holding tight to my family, even my doggie!... enjoy your time tonight... sending you much love dear lady, xoxo Julie Marie

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

From far away Kit my thoughts are with you.

Tamarah xx

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I've watched it on TV when I could, and listened on the radio. While, like you, I mean no disrespect, I also need a little break from the coverage too. I hope you're enjoying your evening, and finding peace and comfort!

Jen said...

I hear ya, I couldn't and still can't read the updates. My heart shatters for those parents. Yesterday we had scheduled L to stay at Grandma's house for the night so we could have a date night....but I just could not be away from him even though I knew he was safe, I needed him home. Thankfully V understood. Sometimes the only right thing is to pull those you love close and hold on tight.

Pom Pom said...

I know. Praying, too.

Susan said...

Hello Kit...Love your new bench. So darling.

Like you, I am still filled with sadness for the children and their families. It was such a horrendous loss.

Thanks for your visit and comment, too. Susan