April

April
(internet)

Saturday, December 1, 2012

December 1st!

Where have I been you ask? I have been following my own suggestion and the list I make for the holidays, and I have been decorating! The list clearly stated: "Use the whole last week of November and get all your decorating done, inside and outside. Do not shop, do not wander, just get it done and you will be happy." And I followed said list and I am happy! It is done and now I can sit back and enjoy it. I did get a little off the path, but for a good reason. My youngest had to have her last (knock on wood) mouth surgery, so she needed a bit of Mommy love each day to keep her smiling. :) So I do have some piddly things to do today, but I am fine with that. The bulk is done. Some folks would think me crazy for doing so much (not blog folks tho, they decorate like me...LOL) but I love to have all my pretty things about me for the month. If I fail to put up the sled, or the small wreath on the outside gate, it makes me sad. I feel like they have missed out on celebrating the holiday. I am such a goober....LOL  Off I go, this weekend we decorate the main tree and my list clearly states: "Bring up the 4 boxes of ornaments on Saturday and the glass beads." Okay, okay I going! Always, Kit


14 comments:

LV said...

It is nice you are really into decorating. It will be very nice when you are finished. I gave that up a few years ago. No need for just me. I do enjoy enjoy seeing what others do tho.

MandaBurms said...

Oh you big kid! I'm off to look at your dd blog - wondering if she too has your love of decorating.
Love leanne

Julie Marie at Idyllhours said...

Oh Kit, everything looks great!... I must be a goober too... I try to simplify, honestly I do, but like you, I just cannot leave any of my precious ornaments and decorations boxed up for Christmas!... besides, I love how everything looks... and well, Christmas just would not be Christmas without it all!... it's fun seeing the "simplified" homes in blogland... but I don't think you will ever see mine listed in that category!... have fun finishing up!... you are so spunky and full of fun, I just adore you!!!... xoxo Julie Marie

Julie Marie at Idyllhours said...

PS Your home reminds me of Susan Branch's who I also adore... so happy and full of color!...

The Boston Lady said...

Looks great Kit! You are way ahead of me! You are ready to really enjoy the holidays - Ann

oldgreymare said...

I am doing the last little bits today and then it is craft craft craft in between work and sleep. Woot!
!1 days till 1st kid home 20 till the 2nd YAYA!
z

Pom Pom said...

Look at all that Kit cuteness! Beautiful! Way to go, good homemaker! You've inspired me!

Lorrie Orr said...

How disciplined you are to stick to your list! The results are great. Hope your daughter's surgeries are healing well.

Susan said...

Hello Kit! Everything looks wonderful....very "festivas!"

Thanks for sharing.

I find that whatever I WRITE also comes to pass. Good idea. Susan

Diane said...

Oh, my gosh. You're so organized. I'm dragging behind and I usually am doing better than that. I take joy and inspiration from people like you. Diane

Zuzu said...

"YOU ARE SO ORGANIZED, Kit!!!" she said looking up from her computer at her autumn decorations. Sniff. Still have a cold. Sniff. But I can enjoy all your pretty decorations! :)
Yay for you!!!
Hugs,
Zuzu

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Looks great~! And feels good to get it done. I used to go whole hog on the decorating. Used to still find things in February that I had forgotten to put away. Not so much anymore. Happy holidays to you and yours, Tammy

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh your Christmas decor is so pretty! It makes me feel so cheery and festive.

May the peace and joy of the season be yours.

Jen Kershner said...

I did the same this year and am so glad. I feel like it freed up my December!