May

May
(internet)

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas 2012

Wow, and some more Wow! We had such a lovely time celebrating, it has taken me this long to get back to regular life. I had to rest up...LOL  The Eve was fantastic! Youngest daughter and I went to church and the service was so pretty and filled with music and candlelight. And as if on cue, as we descended the stairs to the street, it was snowing!

 Next up was the buffet dinner of special little treats that I only make twice a year (Easter being the other holiday) We sat around with our vintage plates and cups and listened to music and chatted and enjoyed each other. Talking about Christmas projects and how we spent the month of December.


We bundled up and off we went in the snow to Aunt Candy's house! A lovely visit we look forward to each year. She always has the best treats and coffee! And since she makes jewelry, we are always treated to a new pair of earrings. :) Once home, my hubby and I take a moment, just the two of us and we give each other a new ornament for the tree. I was thrilled with mine, Sully and Boo from Monsters Inc. I just love that movie! His was a glass, beaded, wired concoction I found at a jewelry store, it kinda looks like a space station to me and is oh so pretty. He loved it!


Christmas morn I hurried about, making the Orange Rolls, setting out the cups for cocoa and coffee. Staging the girls stockings on the Victrola and snapping pictures of the quiet house. Once they arrived, the excitement went off the charts. They just love opening their Christmas Stockings and finding all the little bits and pieces of "fun", I have collected all year. They are like little kids at that moment. Gifts were then opened, lots of hugs and kisses ensued and we grinned at our collections of new treasures. Oldest daughter and I whipped up a brunch of eggs and fruit, and sausage and we happily munched and shared some of our fun "shopping for the holidays" stories.





After a much needed rest, the girls returned for a Turkey Dinner and a night of game playing and drinks. I think this is one of the events of the holiday we look forward to the most. Just sitting around the table, laughing and seeing who can think of the funniest card to throw down during Apples to Apples. I am happy to say, I won not only Uno, but Sorry (an old favorite of mine). The night ended all too soon. And as my girls drove out of sight, I swear I could hear, "Merry Christmas to All and to All a Goodnight!"...LOL Always, Kit

12 comments:

Julie Marie at Idyllhours said...

Oh Kit, your Christmas sounds so delightful!... good food, family and fun!... would love your recipe to make orange rolls, yum!... and your tree is just beautiful!... it came and went so fast I can't believe it!... glad you got your snow!... much love and wishes for a Happy New Year, xoxo Julie Marie

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Oh Kit What a delightful post about your family and the love and fun you shared this Christmas holiday. I loved it and all of the photos.

Love and hugs to the four of you,
FlowerLady

Glenda Ryans said...

Dearest Kit..
what a delightful blog you have. I enjoyed reading about your Christmas adventures...it sounds like something you would see in a Hallmark movie...You're so bubbly I feel like I've had a glass of champagne.
Have a Happy New Year..hugs xoxo
glenda

Laurie said...

I loved reading about the traditions you follow each Christmas and the joy you and your family had together! Merry Christmas amd Happy New Year, Kit!

Diane said...

You and your family just have so much fun. Glad it was a great Christmas. Diane

Blondie's Journal said...

Your Christmas was just perfect and I am so glad! We celebrate much the same. Christmas morning we had just a dusting of snow and it was magical! I love your little ornament...that's a nice tradition to have with your husband.

Wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year!

XO,
Jane

Susan said...

Sounded wonderful, Kit. So happy for you and your family. It's been a very blessed Christmas season here, too. Soooo grateful for everything. Thanks for your visits and comments. Always nice to have you stop by. Susan

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Beautiful memories!

Have a very Happy New Year!

Tammy said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday with family filled with lovely traditions. Best wishes to you all in the new year, Tammy

Lorrie Orr said...

Such fun traditions and good times. Isn't Christmas a wonderful time of the year?

Mrs. Mac said...

What perfect Christmas. Your carrying on sounds like much fun and excitement. May you have a blessed New Year too!

Karen Mary Butterfly said...

I just loved this. So sweet...the snow falling as you come out of church and I just can't believe how cute it is that you exchange an ornament every year with your husband. I just love that. There is something so endearing and touching about that. I'd like to do that with Husband. I'd like to imagine him out there shopping around for a sweet token that he thinks I'd love.
Happy New year, Kit!!
Karen