May

May
(internet)

Friday, November 2, 2012

I Miss you Already

It is amazing the people we meet through our computers. Back in 2001, I joined a forum called Country Life. I met a wonderful group of folks. We shared so much together. We had swaps, chatted, traded ornaments and even had a gift exchange. I couldn't wait to go online each day to see what everyone was up to. Our relationships even extended into snail mail and on one very special occasion I got to meet one of my fellow "Lifer's". She went by the handle, EWhit and at the time she was living in Florida but had family in Montana. When she came up to visit them, we set up a meeting in my town. I was so thrilled because she had always been a favorite of mine. We both had such a great time, eating Chinese food, giving each other little gifts and chatting like we saw each other each day. And in a way, we did "see" each other every day. The visit came to a close all to soon, and as I pulled out of the parking lot, I rolled my window down and yelled, "I miss you already!" This was to become our catch phrase thru the years.

 She went on to move to Tennessee, a dream of hers. The forum changed; sadly, and alot of people left. It became too hard to see a place that I had loved so much, fall apart, and then I too left. EWhit and I wrote notes to each other and emailed occasionally but it wasn't like being in the forum. I would send her cards on the holidays and we would always sign our notes with our catch phrase. Her health started to fail but she still went on and she had such spirit. This Halloween I sent her a little card with little bits of confetti inside (I knew she would get a kick out that) and told her I missed her still. Today I received a note from her husband, that Erma had passed away in September. Pneumonia had taken my friend. I am very sad, but today I am thinking about all the great moments we had and for one last time,
 "My dear friend, I miss you already."
 Always, Kit (KK) 

11 comments:

oldgreymare said...

Oh Kit I am sorry. There are many who don't "Get" these blog and email friendships.... my brother said to me the other day.....well they're not like "real" friendships. ah but yes they are, and we know it and these friends enrich our lives in very special ways.
I hope sharing your story helped you today.
xxx
z

Julie Marie@Idyllhours said...

What a bittersweet tale my friend... and I am sure she misses you already too... isn't it amazing the friendships we can form... she is a very special lady (she still is, just in Heaven now)... and so are you, xoxo Julie Marie

FlowerLady said...

Dear Kit ~ I am saddened to hear about dear Erma. We kept in touch, but not regularly. I look forward to seeing her again one day, where all will be wonderful. No more sickness, no more sorrow, etc. Just joy unspeakable and full of glory.

I'm glad you got to meet her. I think about CL, and wonder what has become of everyone. It was a great bunch of ladies back then and I have fond memories, especially when I get out the Christmas ornies from the swaps we did.

Love and hugs to you,

FlowerLady

Diane said...

Oh, Kit, this is so sad. I'm so glad you got to meet and have a wonderful time together. These are wonderful shots of the two of you. Friends are friends wherever you have them. Blessings, Diane

Pom Pom said...

I'm sorry, Kit. I love your sweet story of friendship. You added a lot of fun to Erma's life, I think.

E. Charlotte said...

I am so sorry to hear this! :( This was a lovely post in her memory. She was a wonderful lady. I'm saddened too by this news. :'(

Jen said...

Oh Kit, I'm so sorry your friend has passed. :'(

Rebecca said...

Like a comet blazing 'cross the Eastern sky...gone too soon...

Thinking of you sweet friend. Love, Rebecca

Susan said...

Dear Kit...I am so sorry over the death of your friend. That is a huge loss. May she continue live, forever, in your heart. Susan

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Oh Kit, that is so very sad. But I'm sure it meant a lot to her husband that you took time to reach out to her. You couldn't have known that she was gone. Best wishes, Tammy

Junell said...

I'm sorry to hear of Erma's passing. So sad. :(