August

August

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Getting Ready to Celebrate

This is the part of the holiday I love the best. The preps! I am lucky and our school district gives us the Wed before Thanksgiving off. Something about, since they close the University so the kids can go home, all the other schools close too. Heck, I will take it for whatever reason. :) It gives me a whole day of being home, and getting the things done that make the holiday what it is for my family. 



We have a nice rainy day today. Feels cozy. I got to sleep in, leisurely sip my coffee and now it begins. The baking, the cleaning, the cooking. And I revel in it all! What fun! The house all to myself, nice and quiet. Later I may turn on some Fallish music, and decide on how to decorate the table for tomorrow. But for now, I will listen to the rain drops and enjoy the smell of cranberrys and pumpkin pie. :) Always, Kit












8 comments:

Julie Marie at Idyllhours said...

Everything looks so festive Kit!... and you always make everything so much fun!... enjoy your day off, cooking, baking, decorating and sipping coffee amidst all of those delicious smells!... Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family... I certainly count you as one of my blessings!... xoxo Julie Marie

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤HAPPY Thanksgiving!!!

Lorrie Orr said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Kit. Enjoy your day off!

Pom Pom said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Kit! I'm sure everything will look good, taste good, and feel good at your house!

oldgreymare said...

Happy Thanksgiving. relish each moment, smell and sound of chatter and laughter....

Diane said...

Happy
Thanksgiving Kit.

Susan said...

Hello Kit....I love your enthusiasm for life's simple things. I'm sure your Thanksgiving feast and the entire day will be wonderful.

I wish you and your family a truly blessed holiday.

Thank you for your visits to my blog and know that I appreciate knowing you, my dear blog peeps! Susan

lizzy said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Kit!

lizzy