June

June

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Halloween Decorating

Oh this month is such a pleasure to decorate for. I love all the warm golds, and oranges, even browns with a pop of bright purple! And let us not forget the color black. I spent a Sunday pulling out all my Halloween decorations. Such dear old friends and I lovingly placed them around my home. They make me smile. Such goofy and strange and lovely items they are. I remember buying my first ceramic pumpkins at a craft store in Denver and have added to my collection ever since. I can't resist! And if an item is a bit "strange", all the better. Bring on the little monsters, the black cats, and the grinning pumpkin headed people. The gourd lady and the witchy sisters. How about a vintage glass pumpkin and a mummy or two. They are all welcome and for a month the stage is theirs. Let's all celebrate Halloween! Always, Kit


I am linking up to Little Red House for Mosaic Monday. And Sunny Simple Life!

6 comments:

Diane said...

Oh, my! I do love the witchy sisters! Your decorations are so warm and happy - what a bunch. I just finished posting about pumpkins. I guess we're getting into the spirit. Diane

lizzy said...

Hi Kit! such a fun post. Your enthusiasm is inspiring. You ve reminded me what is important about this season, the fun, and the color. I mean, do we really want or need a *white* [oh so sophisticated] Halloween? No! I am off to dig out my ceramic pumpkins, most from Cape Cod's Dump/ swapshop..and the papier mache jack o lantern my son made in third grade. Fun stuff!

lizzy

E. Charlotte said...

Oh I love your decor! You always inspire me to keep decorating my place too. This is such a wonderful time of year! :)

Julie Marie@Idyllhours said...

Oooh Kit!... I LOVE all your darling Halloween decorations!... I have to have traditional Halloween... would not want to change a single thing... love the bats, pumpkins, ghosts and ghouls that have always said "All Hallows Eve" to me!... I'll bet your home is so enchanting this time of year (and always)... don't be surprised if I show up at your door saying "trick or treat", hee hee hee!... xoxo Julie Marie

Pom Pom said...

Hi Kit!
I bet your house looks fantastic!
I love pumpkins and pointy hats!
What fun antics will you be up to at school?

Cherry Chick said...

Kit...Love your October mosaic with all you cute Halloween decor. Fall is so wonder with all it's warm colors.

´*•.¸(´*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥•.*.*.*.Cherry*.*.*.•♥
♥•.*.*.*.Chick.*.*.*.•♥
¸.•*´(¸.•*´♥´*•.¸)´*•.¸