March 22, 1978

March 22, 1978
(internet)

Saturday, October 27, 2012

First real Snowfall!

Yep, it is true. We had our first snowfall on Thursday night and we have gotten a little bit each evening since. The saying in Montana is: "Of course it snowed! It's almost Halloween!" And we all laugh. My kids remember the years of putting on their fabulous costumes, just to have to put over top, their snow parka and hat and mittens. Many a princess or evil queen has been hidden by necessary winter gear. Some years we designed costumes just to take the weather into consideration and sweats and elaborate layers were used. I do not let it frazzle me, but I do hope it doesn't worry a soon to be Miss America, Monster or Kitty Cat. I just hope the weather spirits give us a break on Wednesday so I can admire all the neighborhood costumes and shower my praise on the little ones who are so excited to dress up. Just like my little ones. :) Always, Kit






6 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Hi Kit! The pictures are so cute! I'm sure you make a very FUN Halloween!
We won't be here for the trick-or-treaters so that means Pom Pom won't gain five pounds from Snickers bar overload. It's a good thing.
Best wishes! Stay warm. BIll is out blowing the leaves into piles, but there is still snow on the ground.

Diane said...

WE always do have to plan for the weather don't we. Your girls look real cute in their WARM costumes. Diane

lizzy said...

Such a cute post! LOL I remember once being Tinkerbell....my mom made me the tiny tattered green dress, I had the hairdo...and wings! Yikes, midwestern blizzard, I was so sad in my parka and boots.

We re having a halloween hurricane here. Maybe! A trick not a treat, too bad.

Rebecca said...

Oh how darling. I just love seeing all the costumes...bring back such wonderful memories!

Blessings friend. You made me smile big!

Love, R

Julie Marie@Idyllhours said...

Those photos are all so cute Kit!... I hope your weather cooperates... I used to hate wearing a coat on Halloween when I was a little girl!... I am ready for our trick~or~treaters... and we even have doggie treats for Tessy to hand out... alot of people here bring their doggies with them!... xoxo Julie Marie

Debra said...

Cute photos. Wow snow already! We didn't get any at all last year. :(