March 22, 1978

March 22, 1978
(internet)

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Homecoming!

I am a bit tired today. But a good tired. Yesterday was our University's Homecoming. Anyone out there live in a college town? Well, then you know what it is like. Our city goes all out and it seems like everything is be-decked in maroon and silver. Grizzly paws adorn faces, cars and store windows. And if you are a baby, you are of course dressed like a little cheerleader...LOL  

Both my girls graduated from the University of Montana so I am doubly proud. We met up with our youngest and attended the "Big" Parade. Bands from as far away as Japan and right down to our very own Alumni Band (consisting of past U of M band members), they are my favorite. The tootsie rolls filled the bags and pockets of everyone, we all got a new American Flag and lots of "Hello's" were shouted over the strands of many band selections. This town was having a good time!

Hubby and I have season tickets, so off to the game we went. Alas, we lost, but I still had fun and we were 25,000 strong, cheering on our team even as the ending looked glum. Whew, busy day. But one for the memory books. Always, Kit

 


8 comments:

iSavortheWeekend said...

I work in a Football college office, ever heard of Liberty? :) I heard nothing but nice things about the Montana Grizzlies. A friend of mine posted tons of pictures on facebook from the scenery to the stadium and of course the game. I would have loved to have gone just to enjoy the scenery, throw in a football game even better. Our homecoming is in two weeks and I can't wait!! Maybe we'll get to meet up someday :)

Pom Pom said...

I love all that spirit! I'm glad you had fun!

Tammy said...

You win some, you lose some ... what matters most is team and community spirit. Sounds like ya'll had it all that day. Best wishes, Tammy

Julie Marie@Idyllhours said...

Hi Kit... you always have so much fun!... I love that about you and your family... good times, good food, and family... nothing is better!... your apple crisp in your previous post looks delish!... and pork chops sound really yummy!... hope you are enjoying some beautiful Fall weather... thanks so much for stopping by... it always makes my day when you do!... xoxo Julie Marie

Susan said...

Hello Kit...Well, my gosh, you sure had a fun weekend. Homecoming was always huge on the University of Arizona campus, too! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and commenting, too. Nice to hear from you. Susan

Zuzu said...

I haven't been to anything like this in years... but it's always so much fun!!! :)
LOVE the pics!
Hugs,
Zuzu

Nancy McCarroll - Arts, Crafts and Favorites said...

Sounded like you had a great time! Yea for tootsie rolls!

20 North Ora said...

Sounds like a fun day!!

Judy