June

June

Friday, August 3, 2012

Treasures!

When my hubby and I travel, part of the adventure is not only seeing the natural wonders of the world, but the wonders of flea markets and antique stores too! We both love them and when one comes into sight, there is no need to ask, the car pulls over and the fun begins. :) On our most recent trip we found lots of treasures that make me smile. Some rare, and some familiar and all inexpensive. Our favorite haunts are: Wine Country Antiques in Newberg, Or., Lafayette Schoolhouse Antique Mall, in Lafayette, Or., Waldport Flea Market, in of course Waldport and Wiggets in Coeur d' Alene, Idaho. This year we came home with the following items pictured below. I think my favs are the ginger jar, Susan Branch book that is out of print and the vintage lamp with the unusual lamp shade. All were such fun to find and didn't empty the wallet. :) Always, Kit

I am linking to Sunny Simple Life this week! Come join the party.

8 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I'm partial to blue and white so like that little jar and what looks like a sweet little angel. Always fun to find inexpensive treasures. Hope your day is a good one. Tammy

Pom Pom said...

Hi Kit!
I love your new treasures! I wonder why Susan Branch's lovely books go out of print. People would still buy them, I think.
How sweet that your hubby likes to hunt for good stuff, too!

Diane said...

Great treasures. I love the ginger jars, too.

lizzy said...

Great finds! I love the blue float...and the ginger jar, and the milkglass pieces..and well, all. Lucky you to have a partner who shares your pleasure in the hunt.
PS We need a better photo of that interesting lamp!

love

lizzy

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

OH MY! Is that a glass float? I love that and all of your wonderful finds! Happy Sunday!

The Boston Lady said...

Kit! Such wonderful treasures to remember your trip by that don't break the bank. What is that white item? I like that lamp a lot too. Ann

Susan said...

Oh, nice treasures, Kit. Love anything by Susan Branch, at any time! Glad your hubs loves the same things you do. That's fun. Thanks for your visits and comments on my blog. Susan

Junell said...

Good finds! :)