December

December
(internet)

Sunday, August 26, 2012

End of Summer / Back to School!

Not weather wise, that is still going strong and warm (but the mornings are very chill and lovely). But my summer is coming to a close as I start back to work tomorrow. For those who don't remember, I am a Head Cook/Chief Cook and Bottle Washer/Lunch Lady or Nurturer of Spirit and Stomach (at an Alternative H.S.) I do not mind going back in the least, in fact ever since I stepped into my kitchen on Friday, I have had exciting little shocks running thru my system. I spent part of Saturday making new signs, creating bulletins and fine tuning my master plan. My kitchen and lunch room have been decorated and look fabulous! All that is needed is food and that arrives tomorrow and then children on Tuesday. 50 new teenagers who will look askance at me, wondering who is this colorfully dressed lady and can she really learn all our names in just a couple of days? And then my "old" kids, with huge smiles and lots of hugs. I am so blessed to have such an occupation. One that makes me feel like I am making a difference to some kids that life has pretty much crapped on. At least when they are with me, they can feel safe and cared for and loved. And get good food too! :) Okay, time to pack my aprons and polish up my white shoes. It's showtime! Always, Kit

The two pics on the right were made by students for the yearbook. I just love them!

12 comments:

  1. Oh Kit, you are soo cute!... I love the care and love you have for your students, and I know they adore you!... your are an angel to care for all of them the way you do... and to do it with so much enthusiasm! Love your cute collage too... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. With that cheerful and happy personality I bet the kids love you. Good luck on your first day of school. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for you, Kit! Those teenagers are blessed indeed to have a sweet mama-type cooking up delicious food. I love your exuberance! Have fun and put your feet up when you get home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kit, have a great first day of school. Those special are lucky to have such a special lady looking out for them. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. You re so cute! I love your enthusiasm...and how you embrace the kids with your work. Food is, indeed, love.

    Have a wonderful year!

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you love your job! And a very important one it is! My second day back was much better. Yesterday was pure chaos with nothing set in place, but by the end of the day I had sorted things out so today went much smoother. Time sure does fly by when there is much to do. Kids start back on the 4th of September. I think they are actually ready, too. Wishing you a great school year! Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's great to have a job you look forward to going to each day. What a blessing you are to those students.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HOW do you learn all their names??? I am soo impressed!
    I've just started working at a school and I'm finding learning all the kids names soo hard.
    You will be touching soo many lives in your job. Hugs to you my friend!
    Love Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sure wish we would have had you as a cook when I was teaching, Kit, because you are so cute, happy and colorful! Just what the teenagers need, I say! I love the pics, and I also enjoyed getting caught up with your blog - I hope E. Charlotte is on the mend - brave girl!
    P.S. We are getting smoke, but I do not think it is as bad as you are getting in West MT from Idaho. We are getting it from a fire near Roundup and it is starting to clear up some.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Kit these funny photos made me laugh out loud. You are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dig the pics - LOVE what you are doing for the kids!!!
    Smile on, sweet Kit!
    Hugs,
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  12. The kiddos are blessed to have you, and you them. Happy new school year!

    ReplyDelete