August

August

Sunday, July 22, 2012

My Baby's 27th Birthday!

The idea formed in my hubby's brain as we motored down the Columbia Gorge in Oregon. What should be the theme for this year's birthday. Yes, we are theme people and we love it! We have been having birthday "extravaganzas" ever since my first daughter was born. Sometimes they come easy (princesses, Disney, dinosaurs, Cowboys, etc.) but some years are a bit harder. I was stumped until out of the blue came: " How about we celebrate her job at the University and the fact that she is the only Certified Pollen Expert in Western Montana with a Pollen Birthday Party!" I could have kissed my hubby right then and there, but I was trying to negotiate a turn around a huge RV and a church bus. It was the perfect theme!

I took it from there and let my imagination run wild! Did some research on the Internet and collected anything I could find that had to do with pollen. Microscope, flowers, pointy bouncy balls, gift boxes filled with everything you need for an allergy (LOL) and picked pretty summer like colors. Oh, and I had to cut out Mickey Mouse heads. Why you ask? Because when E is teaching little kids all about pollen, she always shows them that Pine Tree pollen looks just like Mickey Mouse's head. Bet you didn't know that! We hung huge colorful balls from the ceiling and I even found a stuffed toy of a grass pollen. Kind of freaky looking, but oh so cool. She loved everything and couldn't wait to tell all her co-workers of her special party. She wore her pollen headband proudly and we had such a marvelous time. Always does my heart good to see my kids have a day just for themselves and to have them feel so very special. :) Always, Kit

9 comments:

FlowerLady said...

How wonderful to have a loving, fun mother like you are. Your daughters are very fortunate to have you as their mother.

You always come up with such great ideas for celebrations.

Have a GREAT week ~ FlowerLady

oldgreymare said...

Such a great mama <3
xx
z

Diane said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter. What an inventive idea! I'm sure it was a great party!! Diane

E. Charlotte said...

You made me feel like a queen that day! I LOVED my theme. Could not believe it! You and Dad are so darn clever. What an amazing day!

I agree with the other posts too! You're a great Mom! :)

Jen said...

I love how creative you guys are! The pictures were just awesome! lots of hugs!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Very, very creative. I saw your daughter's post on the party. Ya'll sure know how to have fun. What a very unique and interesting job she has. :) Have a great new week. Tammy

lizzy said...

That is so cute! And creative. I love your enthusiasm and I can see you have passed your joy on to your children, what a special gift!

love

lizzy at the beach

ps thx for your visits and notes on my blog!

Jen Kershner said...

What a seriously lucky girl! Our big girl turned 19 on the 21st. Poor girl just got her requested birthday dinner. I'll make sure not to let her see this!

Dayle @ A Collection of This and That said...

So festive. I loved it all.