August

August

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

My Newest Gadget!

For this year's birthday I requested a special present. My daughter had done the research for me (with an impressive chart and presentation too!) on all the items out there, I hemmed and hawed and ultimately decided that the Nook Tablet was for me. This little device is so incredible! I must admit, that I didn't buy it because I could read books. I am a fan of holding real paper heavenly smelling books while I wander my yard and home. The reason I got the Nook was it's browsing capabilities on the web. When I learned my daughter could access her email and Facebook from Costa Rica on one, I knew that is what I wanted for my traveling. I do not have a laptop or Ipad, nor do I want one. Too big and cumbersome. Besides this little jem does all I want it to do and it is only 8 inches and it fits easily in my purse. All the reports mentioned what a lovely crisp screen it had, how easy it was to use and how affordable. And it is! So this upcoming trip will be a little bit different, because I will be able to access my mail, watch my accounts and the best thing? I can take my blog and all of you along with me! I will be able to share up to the minute thoughts while sitting in my chair and gazing out to sea. And keep up with what you guys are doing too! Won't that be fun? I'm thinking so. Always, Kit
PS: I did download about 8 books and it is a dream to read on too!


8 comments:

Jen said...

Yay for you!!!

Karen Mary Butterfly said...

Nice! I want one! You can take it out to that sweet cozy spot with the cute chair!

Pom Pom said...

Yahoo! That's a super fun gadget! I hope your trip away is amazing!

Cottage Tails said...

oook squeal new gadgets are fun! Much rather have them than bling!

ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY!

Love Leanne

PS I haven't read the Emily series do you like it?

Diane said...

Wonderful! I'm ready to go! Do we get to go to the seashore? I'm really looking forward to that. Diane

Rustique Gal said...

That looks like a great little thingy! When I travel I'm always looking for easy ways to communicate. This could be right up my alley!
Enjoy.
Hugs,
Sherry

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

cAN YOU type on it?

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Sounds like a great gadget. I must admit, when it comes to all the new technology, I'm just not with it. I have an HP mini laptop that I am using right now. At first, it was hard to get used to because of the small keyboard, but now I am a whiz at it. The school I work at gave all the teachers Ipads last year and this coming school year, they are giving all the students iPad3's for school use (at a cost which I totally disagree with). The kids these days are already addicted to their gadgets -- I find it all a bit scary at times. Enjoy your holiday! Tammy