May

May
(internet)

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Getting ready!

Well, I have my blue tote of vacation stuff in the back room and I keep adding to it every day. (Batteries, light bulbs, hubby's helicopter!) Yesterday I did the grocery shopping for staple items and those are now boxed up. The sprinklers are on timers and the yard work is done. The house sitter is arranged and today suitcases come down and I have a few errands to run for some last minute items. Whew, lots of preps. But is it worth it? Hell yes! My hubby has had the biggest smile on his face for days (in spite of still being at work and finishing up my new porch) He sees that tunnel and the light is the sun shining over Oregon!...LOL I look forward to time without gardening, no housecleaning; only relaxing and site seeing. And time to just be together, the two of us. We travel so well together. We seem to want coffee at the exact moment the other thinks about it, an antique store or flea market is ahead? We both want to stop. We chat about all topics and we both drive so it keeps us rested. And when we get tired and weary, out comes the Paul Simon CD and we sing our hearts out to the tunes. Especially Kodachrome! Well, time is flying. Off I go and hopefully the next time you hear from me, I will be sitting in an Italian leather chair, drink in hand, with the sea before me. Sun or no sun, I won't care. Always, Kit

11 comments:

FlowerLady said...

Have fun Kit! I know you and your DH have a great time there in Oregon every year.

Love and hugs to you ~ FlowerLady

oldgreymare said...

Have a wonderful and safe trip!
xx
z

Cottage Tails said...

Have a wonderful time!!!
Look forward to the photos.
Love Leanne

Lorrie said...

Vacation prep takes time and effort, but oh, the anticipation makes it all worthwhile! Enjoy your trip!

Diane said...

This will be so wonderful. It's even more wonderful that you enjoy each other - what a precious gift! Be careful and have fun! Are you going in your hubby's helicopter? teehee!! Diane

Pom Pom said...

Best wishes for a wonderful trip to Oregon! I love it there! The sea is so cold and good!

24 Corners said...

Sounds like your hubby is definitely a keeper!
We honeymooned on the Oregon coast and it was heavenly, so was the drive there...would love to go back!
Have a wonderful time...
xo J~

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

It will be wonderful--How could it not!! Safe travels and I want to see that chair and everything else!! :-)

lizzy said...

Hvae a wonderful time! Happy beachcombing!

love

lizzy

Karen Mary Butterfly said...

Have a wonderful trip! Here's to no yard-work or housework!!!!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

It's always nice to get away. Have a fabulous time. Tammy