April

April
(internet)

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Whew, finally a moment to catch my breath!

Spring in all her fantastic glory has returned to Montana and it is so grand! I do a little bit of this and a lot of that and the yard is looking good. In between I am still working (and about to finish out the school year) planned and attended our wonderful Bloomsday weekend in Spokane, took care of organizing the 30th birthday of my oldest girl, and finished all three books in the Hunger Game Trilogy (my opinion - the author should have stopped at the first one). It has been tiring but oh so much fun. Now that that is all done, I can really focus on my gardens and start moving things around and fine tuning. I am loving May and am pleased that most of my plants have come back. It looks like the Lilacs will be blooming by Memorial Day and is that a rose bud on my favorite, Therese Bugnet. It is! I can't wait for coffee on the patio and the scent of my roses. That speaks Summer to me. Always, Kit

Here are some pics from our trip to Bloomsday this year! We had a blast!










8 comments:

Diane said...

So THAT'S what you've been doing! It all sounds like a lot of fun.

My Grandma always used to hope for lilacs for "Decoration Day".
Spokane looks beautiful. Diane

oldgreymare said...

Happy Mother's day! I know you love each minute of it just like I do. <3
xx
z

Pom Pom said...

Fun! We took our kids to Riverfront Park when we lived in Spokane. Two of our kids were born there!
Hooray that school is almost out for you! I have three more weeks, but I am going to savor my time with these students even though I am chomping at the bit to have my "coffee on the patio"! Happy Mother's Day, Kit!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

You have been busy. I like the new blog look. Happy Mother's Day and wishes for a great new week. Tammy

lizzy said...

My beach roses are in bloom! And despite the grey fog, roses smell like summer to me too.

PS I m glad you enjoyed my little beach and ocean film. For some reason Blogger won t always let me post the videos, I was happy that one went thru [despite the fog!]...

love

lizzy

Elyse said...

what happy, cute photos!

happy may

xo
elyse

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I'm late getting here but your post has given me a grin, I'm glad you're had a good time! :-) I hope you're having fun this weekend too!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kit, You have a lot going on but it all sounds like fun. The pics you share are great. Happy Birthday to your daughter too.
Hugs, Celestina Marie