August

August

Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Busy Month of May

Hello! Yes, I am indeed still among the living. But living lately has been pretty hectic. Though I love the month of May, I would like to move some of the holidays so it wouldn't be so jam packed. By the time we finish this month, I will have eaten out at least 10 times, celebrated two birthdays, oops, make that 3 birthdays (I forgot my Grand-Kitty Bear's) had my life as a Mother heralded, took a weekend trip with the family to the great state of Washington, and started up my gardens and yard. Not to mention a very sad event regarding the death of my oldest girls beloved cat, Beans. And the following funeral and wake for said cat. Now, (taking a big breath) I am involved with the Graduation of the seniors at my high school, and the subsequent shutting down of my kitchen for the year. Bunches and bunches of stuff. But what keeps me going is that I can see down that road; a slower time, a quieter time, when I will be able to sit on my patio, with cold drink in hand, a book open but probably not being read, and just be. Pretty soon...
Always, Kit


6 comments:

Diane said...

You HAVE been busy! My month of May hasn't been quite so rushed. Please give your daughter my sympathy about her kitty. I always feel so bad when a beloved animal is lost. Blessings, Diane

Susan said...

Hello Kit! Oh! I was so glad to see your post. Wondered where you have been. I know how there is a flurry of events at this time of year----fun but tiring and expensive. Glad you are doing great. Love your blue lawn chairs and your pretty plants! Susan

Jen said...

Wow May is busy for you! I'm so glad summer is a comin' and soon you will be able to relax! I'll have to bring little guy over to say hello soon! :)

FlowerLady said...

I am so sorry to hear about Beans.

Your life does sound pretty hectic for this time of year and I know you'll be glad to have the summer off to relax and putter around home and in your gardens.

Have a great weekend ~ FlowerLady

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I haven't had all that going on but somehow the month of May has been extra busy around here, too ... maybe because of all the dust. Always much housework to do. Ugh! School is winding down here ... Yusef is a junior and has exams this next week; Zack is in 8th grade and has his exams the following week and then I have to work until June 14th. Sure wish I had a patio like yours. So sorry to hear about Bean. I dread that day with Jingles who now is 8 years old. Wishing you a wonderful weekend. Tammy

Julie Marie said...

Stopping in to wish you a safe, happy and peaceful Memorial Day~Decoration day dear Kit... xoxo Julie Marie