March 22, 1978

March 22, 1978
(internet)

Saturday, April 14, 2012

On to Spring!

With Easter over, along with my Spring Break (and both were so very wonderful!) I am now setting my sites on getting my yard and gardens up to snuff and welcoming the warmer days of the season. You learn in Montana to be patient, we really do not see many trees leafed out till the end of April or the beginning of May. So far we have had one day with a temp of 77 degrees and I swear the whole town was out standing on their lawns. Business stopped and traffic halted.....LOL I have a Choke Cherry that has tiny leaves starting and my Red Maple is tipped in little red blossoms. Which the bees are just loving. No Tulips or Daffy's yet. But my roses have sprouted little green leaves. The only thing blooming is my Forsythia and it is a beacon in the backyard. Just lovely!

So today I will continue the clean-up and the pruning and basic tidying. Because when we finally reach "Montana's Spring", I want to be able to just sit back and enjoy it. Always, Kit


8 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Enjoy being in your beautiful garden Kit!... I am having a Springtime giveaway... stop in!... xoxo Julie Marie

Pom Pom said...

Hi Kit! Just when we get used to spring weather in Colorado, it gets cold again! Today, it's warm and I'm getting my fresh air!
When are you out of school for the summer?

Diane said...

We DO enjoy spring in this area, don't we? The trouble is you never really know when it starts, we could still have some amazing snowstorms. So if you're like me you prepare kind of holding your breath. Have fun in your yard Kit. Diane

Blondie's Journal said...

It's all cleanup and fertilizing and seeding and getting ready to plant flowers for us, too! I LOVE this time of year...the anticipation! I'm happy you had a lovely Easter, Kit!

XO,
Jane

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Your post reminded me of my days of living in Alaska and seeing spring everywhere else but my house. But when it finally came, like you, I was so ready for it, and enjoyed it that much more because it took its time getting to me! :-)

I hope you're enjoying your weekend!!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Any amount of rain around here brings everyone to a halt since we don't see it very often. Looks like our dust has decided to make another appearance. Our weather has just been so unpredictable the past week or so. Enjoy all that blooms in your corner of the world. Blessings, Tammy

The Boston Lady said...

Can't wait to see your pictures when spring finally gets to you Kit! Ann

Laurie said...

Oh, please show us your flowers, etc when they bloom, Kit, as since we have moved, I am missing seeing our flowers popping out of the soil, especially the Lady's Mantle and peony bushes! We will be planting them and more at this new house, but patience really is a virtue this year! We've had a lot of warm weather over here on the east side of MT, but it is very chilly today - liking every drop of rain, though (mostly drizzle today). Happy Spring, Kit!