August

August

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Memories

Today I am thinking about all the great Easters of the past with my little family. From the dying of the eggs, with my littlest one dropping every egg she had into the bottom of the cup with a resounding crack (why didn't I think to use plastic?...LOL) to my oldest being the best hunter at the Egg Hunts that I have ever seen. She didn't push or shove, just had a good eye and when all was done, she gave away her candy to the other kids. They liked to do crafts so we made Easter Bonnets and marched around the living room to me singing, Easter Parade. More times, than I care to say. We hid their baskets and on Easter the girls were so excited to find them and down they would plunk and spend hours going through all the toys and trinkets. Later when they were getting grown up, we had the egg hunts here in our yard and prizes were awarded (and still are) on the swing. Close your eyes, put out your hands. Squeals of delight.

Speed forward and tomorrow will see us having a big turkey feast with all the fixins', Easter Baskets filled to the brim and two egg hunts (the girls put one on for me and their Dad now). I will be told to close my eyes, and put out my hands and I will squeal with delight! Always, Kit






8 comments:

lizzy said...

Really brings back memories, doesn't it. Such good times...

love

lizzy

FlowerLady said...

How sweet ~ Your posts about your lovely holiday celebrations always bring a smile to my face and heart.

Have a joyous day today.

Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

Pom Pom said...

How fun! Your girls were darling little munchkins!
Turkey with all the fix'ins? YUMMY! I think I'll stop by!

Tins and Treasures said...

Good Morning, Kit,
Easter Blessing to you and your family. I loved reading about your family traditions. My girls loved to look for the eggs too. Have a wonderful day together.

Take care, ~Natalie

Julie Marie said...

Oh Kit, I just love strolling down memory lane with you... you gave your children something money cannot buy... beautiful memories... have a wonderful Easter today, and enjoy the egg hunts... how fun your girls do one for you and your hubby!... much love, xoxo Julie Marie

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Thanks for your visit today. My Easters as a child were the best. I did the same with my boys when they were younger, but then everyone we celebrated with moved away and I kinda got out of the habit of doing much of anything at all. Last nite I hid some plastic eggs in the living room filled with chocolate and money but they found them way to easily when we got home from school today. :/ Have a wonderful celebration. Best wishes, Tammy

Susan said...

Hi Kit...Hope your day was fun and memorable.

It was great around here.

Loved your photos of your girls.

Take care and have a good week ahead.

Thanks for all your visits and comments to my blog! Susan

momto8 said...

great pictures and sound like great memories!! lucky you!!
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.