March 22, 1978

March 22, 1978
(internet)

Saturday, March 3, 2012

What a great trip!

Yep, I am back and as the saying goes, I need a vacation from my vacation! We tried to pack in so much during our week that by the time I got home, my legs were ready to give out, and I was so pooped out it wasn't funny. But who cares! We got to spend 6 lovely days in the California sun (the temps that week were in the high 70's!) walk amongst the flowers and green grass and ride almost every ride in the two parks; multiple times. It was a bit busy, but I have to say everyone in the park was so nice. We all had a common goal, to have fun! Our first ride was Peter Pan (my favorite) and the last ride was Space Mountain. In fact, we rode Space Mountain 3 times, California Screamin' 4 times (a huge roller coaster!) Hollywood Tower of Terror 2 times and most every other ride at least twice. So exhilarating! I love the coasters the best.

But what I found, the thing that gave me the most pleasure was, instant Springtime! Airplanes are like time machines, you go from snowy cold Winter and land into a whole different season. I would grab my Pineapple Whip (have you had those?) and sit on a bench by two flowering Cherry trees and a bank of tulips and just smile. The sun warming my skin, the scent of flowers and the hum of bees. Perfect. I think those memories will last me till our own trees start budding out. Anyway, we filled the days with so many memories, we walked hand in hand, ate good food (Disney makes the best Hot Dogs!) and some bad food (Blue Bayou - too spicy) and enjoyed the parades, and fireworks. (Tinkerbell flying across the night sky made everyone cry) As we bid good-bye, I think we have decided that this may have to be something we do on an annual basis. It just picked our spirits up, it was lovely to have so much together time, but next time we will pace ourselves a bit better and get more sleep, yeah right! Always, Kit




I am linking up to Little Red House for Mosaic Monday

15 comments:

Diane said...

I'm glad you had such a wonderful time Kit. I love your green blog. Diane

oldgreymare said...

the happiest place on earth. the kids and I went at least once every year..<3
xx

miss it : (

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Kit, it's great to read your post and that you had a wonderful time!!

Jen said...

I'm glad you had such a wonderful time!!! Yay!

Pom Pom said...

We're right behind you, Kit! Three more weeks and off we go to Disneyland. I love your pictures! It really is a happy place.

Julie Marie said...

Oh Kit, it sounds like you had such a magical time!... I love that you held hands and ate hot dogs and rode all the rides... some twice even!... I cannot wait for Springtime here... we had BIG snowstorms several days ago, but today it is 51 degrees here also... tomorrow predicted to be 59!... Yippee... I can't wait to open all of my windows too!... xoxo Julie Marie

eileeninmd said...

What a fun time, it is a happy place. Wonderful photos, thanks for sharing your trip. Have a great week!

Zuzu said...

It looks like you had so much fun, Kit! And such a pretty dose of spring!
:)
Have a great week!
~ Zuzu

imquilternity said...

Glad you had such a wonderful trip. You picked a great time to come out since we've been having nice, warm weather. We're heading off for a 2-day trip to Disneyland next month! I still like the Indiana Jones ride the best. :)) I rode the California Scremin' once (with my eyes closed, on the verge of being sick) and will never do it again. It is too f-a-s-t! I admire you for being able to do it.

T's Daily Treasures said...

Your pictures are so pretty and green is definitely the dominant color. I like the new look of your blog, too. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. We took a family vacation to Disney World the year Space Mountain opened. My mom sat behind me on the ride, I was about 10 at the time, and she said she could feel my heart pounding out of my chest. I don't do rollercoasters or anything that goes round and round or up and down at fast speeds. :) Have a great week. Tammy

Lorrie said...

Instant spring at this time of year is a welcome experience. Not too long now to wait in your neck of the woods, I hope.

It looks like you had a really fun time in Disneyland. All those rides!

Susan said...

Hi Kit...WOW! Everything you wrote about sounds so enchanting. SOOO glad you got to fly in to spring! Welcome back and by the way, thanks so much for stopping by my blog and commenting.Also, like the music playing in the background. A wee bit on the Irish side! Thanky thanky! Susan

lizzy said...

Hi! I m so glad you had fun! You make Disneyland sound so fun. Did you get tot he beach?

Love your green blog!

love

lizzy

injoyinmylife said...

I loved reading about Disneyland. It's been over 10 years since I've been there. I'm surprised since I was born and raised in Southern California and spent many summer days at Disneyland. Now you've got me all excited again and I think Hubby and I must take a little trip.

Rustique Gal said...

Oh, I know what you mean about a vacation from your vacation. Home is such a relief, no matter how wonderful the vacation. Welcome home!
Hugs,
Sherry