June

June

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Hearts

Who can resist them? I tend to gravitate toward them in all forms and all colors. And I decorate with them all year round. After saying that I "do not sprinkle hearts all over the place", I got to looking and was surprised by how many I have....LOL And I seem to love the ones that come in the not so regular color of red. Give me a bright blue beaded pin anytime! And just look at that pillow in it's shades of blue, white and the pretty floral. No wonder they caught my eye.
Henry van Dyke said it perfectly, when he wrote:


"Every house where love abides,
And friendship is a guest,
Is surely home, and home sweet home.
For there the heart can rest."


Let's fill our homes with hearts and love this Valentine's Day! Always, Kit



9 comments:

E. Charlotte said...

You do have a lot of hearts at your house! And it's such a heart-warming place. :) I like unique ones too, like when you find a heart shaped rock.

Julie Marie said...

Hi Kit... your hearts are so pretty and I love that quote!... Happy Valentines Day to you!... xoxo Julie Marie

The Boston Lady said...

Lovely words, lovely pictures, well said Kit! Ann

Blondie's Journal said...

I love the blue one, too! They all say LOVE!!

XO,
Jane

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

.•*¨`*•. ☆ .•*¨`*•.
HAPPY, HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!
✿•*¨`*•. (¯`v´¯) (¯`v´¯) .•*¨`*•✿
. . . ✿•*¨`*•.¸(¯`v´¯)¸.•´*¨`*•✿ . . .
…………… ….♥ •.¸.•´♥……………

FlowerLady said...

Dear Kit ~ I was working on another beaded heart when I checked what was going on in blogland and found this post of yours. :-)

I love hearts too, and am always looking for them, rocks, leaves, splats of paint or food, shells, whatever. One can't have too many hearts. I've collected them for years too.

Have a wonderful Valentines day.

Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

Laurie said...

I am not surprised to see that you have a lot of hearts in your home, Kit ~ you have a wonderful heart yourself! Happy Valentines Day!

Diane said...

Sweet hearts! Hope your heart is full and happy. Blessings, Diane

T's Daily Treasures said...

I've been a heart collector for quite some time and can find them in every room of the house. I like the framed beaded heart. :) Hope you are having a wonderful day. Tammy