April

April
(internet)

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Decorating for Valentine's Day

After all the hoop-la of Christmas, I love to calm the house down and for January, my home is very subtle in color and minimal in decor. But with the coming of February, I am needing some touches of red, and the punch of black and white to bring some life back into the space. I do not decorate for the holiday the conventional way. I like red hearts, but I don't sprinkle them all over the place. I hang one on my front door, I have a couple that hang on my walls, but for the most part I just love to add the color red here and there. Using a vintage cookie jar, a sewing whimsy, a kitschy chicken and a carving made by hubby, I get just the right amount of Valentine cheer.
Always, Kit



Linking to Rednesday at It's a Very Cherry World!

12 comments:

Julie Marie said...

It's just perfect Kit!... your home always looks so warm and inviting... love it all!... xoxo Julie Marie

Blondie's Journal said...

I am a fan of the "Less Is More" club, too! I love to decorate for fall and Christmas, but I have never gone crazy with Valentine's Day, at least since my kids were little. Your subtle touches are just perfect, Kit! :)

XO,
Jane

Mecky said...

Oh that cherry pot/cookie jar is wonderful!

Pom Pom said...

Hi Kit!
Red IS good all of the time. Your pretty touches are so fresh and shiny!

E. Charlotte said...

Nice mosaic! Your Valentine's decor is always so nice. Simple and warm. :)

Diane said...

I bet your home is just warm and inviting and Valentiney! Diane

Susan said...

Lovely Kit.

Thanks for your visit and comment on my blog, too. You are so funny! Susan

glenda... said...

hey there kit...
it was good to see you today and your kind comments made me smile.
i know it must be beautiful in Montana...
thanks for coming by,
glenda

T's Daily Treasures said...

I keep saying I will get organized enough to decorate a little bit for each month, holiday, season ... hasn't happened yet. :/ Hope your day is a good one. Tammy

Kathleen said...

Hello, I've just popped over from your daughter's sweet blog. I've enjoyed looking around your world today. We have something in common, I love Mary Engelbreit too!

Kathleen.

Decor To Adore said...

I too just have a few touches of red but there is a whole lotta love. :)

Zuzu said...

So happy & sweet, Kit! Hope your Valentine's Day is LOVEly. :)
Hugs,
Zuzu