August

August

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pretty Book + Television = Journaling!

Wow, it has been a week. My head has been occupied, not filled with projects, not filled with plans, but it has been filled with television. Yes, you heard right. TV! My reaction to the holidays being over is to curl up on the couch and watch movies and write. You see, I keep a journal, the kind in a pretty book that has all my thoughts and feelings in it. Far away from the probing eye. Been doing it for 40 years. When I started blogging, I found I spent less time with her. But if I put an old movie on (Little Women, Jane Eyre, anything Jane Austin) I find it inspires me to write. Those ladies are always pulling out a pen and paper and sharing their deepest thoughts with friends far and wide. I like that. So I have finally "caught up" and filled many sheets on my life and it feels good. I still have quite a few movies to watch (love my DVR!) so I may go missing again. But I will be back. Coming soon? Pics of my newest home companion. :) Always, Kit

9 comments:

Junell said...

I notice that I can sometimes go for months without journaling (in my written journal that is). I love looking back at what I've written over the years. I just wish I had time to journal every day. :)

Diane said...

Journals are such wonderful friends. I've journaled in one form or another for years. Thanks so much for sharing. Diane

24 Corners said...

It sounds like a perfectly wonderful way to pass the time! Louisa, Charlotte, and Jane are the best at inspiring prose...in any and every way.
Enjoy your time with them...and you!!
xo J~

Susan said...

Hi Kit! I have a self-discovery journal by the author of Simple Abundance (Sarah Brechnach?) and i've been working on it for years! It's comprised of many magazine page collages, writing, photos, etc. I LOVE working on it and probably will for the rest of my life!

Glad you are writing, too. Take care and have a nice Sunday! Susan

Jen said...

I love that you still journal! I used to and need to get back to it! Someday! I'm glad you are enjoying the remaining winter (if you can call it that)!

T's Daily Treasures said...

I've started so many journals over the years, but never seem to keep up with them. Sounds like you had a lovely time writing. Have a beautiful day. Tammy

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hello Kit... as much as I love to blog, there is just something so satisfying about writing my thoughts in a journal... I keep a Nature journal, a garden journal, and my journal journal... don't you think it's fun to look back and see what you did a year ago?... or even a month ago?... and you are right, those older books and movies make me want to continue journaling even more so... can't wait to see your newest home companion!... xoxo Julie Marie

Laurie said...

I, too, love to journal, and I have filled many journals over the years. But when I watch movies, especially Jane Austen, I just HAVE to make a cup of tea!! They are always sipping tea, and of course, for me, something to nibble must accompany the tea! I'll think of you, Kit, as I watch and sip!

Rustique Gal said...

Kit,
Lovely journals! I buy them but can't get to journaling. Love doing chores to old movies though. I used to put on an old movie every time I wanted to weave a basket. I got so I knew a few of them by heart!
This is the best time of year for catching up and reflecting, and for organizing-my newest passion!
Have a great week!
Hugs,
Sherry