June

June

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Organizing

It is cold and cloudy, snow coming? Possibly. Okay with me cause I am staying inside and doing something I have wanted to do for 20 years. You know when you move into a place and you are in a hurry and you open that box marked Kitchen and you just start throwing things in drawers and cupboards and you always vow you will go back and re-arrange and make more sense of it? Yeah, that never happened.Who had the time?? Well, now I have some time.

I was lucky to get a kitchen with tons of drawers. But it is amazing how many water bottles, and plastic lids I have accumulated. Do I really need a whole drawer to hold 2 microwave dishes? Is it possible to put the bread drawer and the snack drawer next to each other? Will my spice drawer feel better if I put it over next to the baking drawer? So many questions! No more thinking, it is time to act. Always, Kit


13 comments:

FlowerLady said...

Have fun. A great project for a cold day. It's wonderful that you have all of those drawers. I know you'll get them organized very well.

FlowerLady

Pom Pom said...

Best wishes! I bet you'll love your new system! Our kitchen is small and cupboard space is limited, but I've never really thought about switching things. Show us when you're done, okay?

Cheryl said...

HHAHAHAHA as long as you dont end up with a pile of stuff that you reeeallllly dont want to throw away and end up putting it all back again! Good Luck!
Hugs
C

Julie Marie said...

It always feels so good to get organized... and sometimes I even find something fun I love that I forgot I even had... enjoy your day!... xoxo Julie Marie

Diane said...

I know you'll have fun doing this, it's just right up our alley. Hope you'll show us what it looks like when you get it done. Diane

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Funny how you stumble upon those boxes that seemed to have been lost in a time warp! I bet it didn't seem like 20 years had passed, eh?

Your organizing plot makes perfect sense to me. Have fun!

smiles,
becky

Susan said...

Wow Kit, that's a lot of drawers you have in your kitchen. Lucky you!

I think it's great to organize. Need to do quite a bit of that myself!

Take care. susan p.s. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting, too. Susan

injoyinmylife said...

Great time for organization. Hubby is doing the same thing with his books. He is a collector. He has about 875 books and when we moved in, he just put them into the book cases willy nilly. He has begun to get them organized into authors and alphabetized. He has been working on it for days now and he's about half way finished. Blessings!

lizzy said...

Hi! Lucky you to have all those drawers! My mom had a special drawer *just for pan lids*...(my dad built the kitchen, house actually). I always envy people with lots of drawers, I have, um..three?
Fun to get organized, wonder how long it will take to to find the bread and snacks in their new home. You know, force of habit, reach for the old spot?

have fun at the movies!

love

lizzy

Decor To Adore said...

Ah organizational bliss!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

It's now Sunday and I hope you've had a good weekend organizing!! I need to do that too--Where does all this stuff come from anyway? :-)

Jen Kershner said...

Oh what I wouldn't give for that kind of kitchen storage.

E. Charlotte said...

Ha ha, I had fun trying to find where everything was the other day. I need to organize too. My kitchen drawers are ridiculous!